What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm mad now!

Trapper7

Loves VFT's!
Everything in my mini greenhouse is dying!!! Now my Judith Hindle is drying up as well,just like the Copelandii and Fusca's! I have it in a lid filled with water also,so is that a big no-no for this guy too?Is it possible that it's getting too hot for them inside?Too much sun maybe?Ok the high's here are 17C and when I open the door to the greenhouse it's super humid and hot.They are in the sun facing the south side all day basically from when the sun comes up,till it goes down.Is that wrong too?I can only have the g-house facing the south cause there's no room for it anywhere else,but I could move it into the shade if that's what it needs.PLEASE HELP ME! I am very sad and frustrated
smile_h_32.gif
mad.gif
All of my babies are dying. *Niki*(Trapper7)
smile_h_32.gif

Everything sounds fine.

How is the Judith Hindle dying? What does the rhizome look like?
How big is your greenhouse? If it's one of those tiny shelf things then maybe things are cooking, but I doubt it.

Hi Niki,
I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. I saw pictures in the other topic when you bought the plants. It does look like a smaller, plastic enclosed house with no ventilation. If this is sitting outside in sun all day, I can imagine it would get quite hot, even with the temp 17C outside. Think of how hot an enclosed vehicle gets. If you could move it to get maybe 5 or 6 hours of morning sun, and shade the rest of the day, that might help. Or, you could leave the front partially open for ventilation--you'll still have adequate humidity IMO.

BTW, I'm blowing a 'good luck' kiss to Canada since I denied you before. Please let us know what's happening.
JBL
smile_r_32.gif

Niki,
You need to get a thermometer in that greenhouse and see what temperature you're getting. It sounds like you're cooking your plants. In the meantime, I'd recommend some way of ventilating your greenhouse.

Capslock

Hay, Hellz here.
from what ive read, it definately sounds like its hot, i agree with JBL
good luck.
Hellz

Hey guys!Thanks a lot for the info and advice!I really appreciate it.I honestly think that I am cooking the plants.Seriously when I open to look at them or water them and I poke my head in I start to sweat within a few seconds,it's so darn hot.So what I think I'll try is moving it into shade after it has gotten 5-6 hours of sun,and I'll also leave the zipper door open a bit at the top.I know these plants need good air circulation and I doubt it's getting any in this little thing,since the only place that isn't covered is about an inch at the bottom.Can I still use the tray method with the Judith Hindle?Thanks for the good luck kiss JBL (Blushing) How will I know my plants are improving?Will the leaves just fall off or will they turn green again?Thanks a bunch! *Niki*
smile_m_32.gif

Oh BTW Alvin Meister,the Judith Hindle is just totally drying up and turning brown,every single one of the pitchers are doing this.And I don't know what a Rhizome or whatever is,lol. *Niki*

Hey Niki, it sounds like you're making the right moves.  The tray method is perfect for the 'Judith Hindle'.  The leaves may come back unless they've completely turned yellow/brown.  If they just drooped, but are basically green, they might recover.  

Rhizomes are really not that funny, well, they actually are funny looking.  This is the underground part of the plant and spreads and forms new growth shoots.  AM wants you to look at it to make sure that it has not turned brown and mushy, indicating sure plant death.  You would have to carefully remove the plant from the medium, then repot it, leaving the crown (the growing tip) exposed.  

How will you know if they are improving, you ask?  Time will tell.  Happy plants are growing plants and within a week or two, you'll see new growth.  Just be patient and understand that this happens to all of us and we take each set back personally.  I feel your pain even from way down here (Pennsylvania USA).  If my kisses hit the plants, maybe that will help--or burn them even more.
smile_m_32.gif

Hello
smile.gif
The Rhizome is ok looking,thank goodness.Thank you
smile.gif
*Niki*

Great Niki! Now, stick that puppy back in, and let it do its thing!

Here's a pic of it.

*Niki*

You know, it looks like it will live! It does look like the new pitchers got pretty fried though. Make sure that it is standing in a couple of inches of pure (distilled or rain) water at all times. Give ventilation to your furnace--uh, greenhouse--and keep an eye on it.
smile_m_32.gif

Hehe you're funny,furnace
smile_n_32.gif
Thanks so much for your help,all of you
smile.gif
Now go take a look at my poor Neps,they look BAD
smile_h_32.gif
*Niki*

Doesn't look toooo bad thankfully. Yeah, I think you fried it
smile_n_32.gif
Good job it's only early.

Back