What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm going to study zoo science!

There's this major at Delaware Valley College in southeastern PA called Zoo Science. It's very competitive, only accepting 20 people per year. I'm so happy that I was accepted, because unlike a major in Zoology, Zoo Science specifically prepares you for a job as a zookeeper or other position at a zoo. The hands-on training as an intern at a local zoo sponsored by this major is incredible. Now I don't need to worry about owning all the exotic animals that I want to because I can work with them all day. This is an absolute dream come true that I can work with exotic animals. There's only a few other programs like this in the country. It's such a great opportunity.

Cool! Zoology is science oriented so is this more in line with animal care instead of Genus - specie etc...info?

I used to work at a zoo, its alotta fun. Watch out for Gibbons, their mean. We had one that would kill anything it could reach. It had to be isolated cause it would catch exotic expensive birds and kill them and throw 'em away.

Joe

This program is more oriented with the study of animal husbandry, care, and training. I'll watch out for the Gibbons. Thanks for the advice.
smile.gif

Wow. Lucky you! That sounds like an awsome opportunity. I would have liked doing something like that.
smile.gif
Congratulations!

Awesome. I just looked and they sure have a lot of interesting degree programs. Keep your eyes and options open and you'll be surprised where your interests can lead you. I was originally accepted into a Nuclear Engineering program and planned to go into the Nuclear Navy. Now, 25 years later, I'm a pacifist geologist.

OH WOW that's so great! I LOVE working with animals,and I've always wanted to work at a zoo,or an aquarium with the Killer Whales
smile.gif
Have fun!
smile_m_32.gif
*Niki*

Oh man, that is just awesome! Now maybe you can have Paris Hilton intern for you.... LOL

Seriously, though, that's really great!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Mar. 30 2005,9:22)]Oh man, that is just awesome! Now maybe you can have Paris Hilton intern for you.... LOL

Seriously, though, that's really great!
hahaha that aws hilarius... The polar bear feeding was the best, I won't go into what nicole was saying....
laugh.gif

Haha. Thanks guys. I'm so excited.

Back