What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im going to make a terrioum

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
I need ideas i think ill use swords but ill add in some of your guy's ideas

Here is a picture of mine from 2 scanned photos spliced together.

cptank.jpg

It's hard to see, but small plastic baskets support a grid that the plants sit on above the water. In the water are guppies, a pleco algae eater, and a Fire Bellied Frog. The frog pretty much stays in the water climbing on top every once in a while. There is also a Fire Bellied Salamander that creeps around in the moss next to the ampullaria and sometimes lurks about in the top of the ampullaria pot, poking his head out from under the pitchers. On the far right, a submersible pump circulates the water to the far back left, where it spills back in, behind the ampullaria and keeps the bed of moss wet.

I water the Neps from above, and then have to change out the water below.

Wild Bill

could i use some substrate on top of that thing if i put a board

I think a board might rot, since it's so wet and humid in there. That's why I used a piece of one of those plastic grids used in overhead lighting. I had bought a large piece - like 3 feet by 5 feet or so at Sears Hardware and cut it to fit with wire cutters.

WildBill

what about a plastic or medal sheet

I realize your fairly young Jmenprkr but I would suggest you carefully read replys to your questions before asking more questions. In doing so you would have seen the following in Wildbills response..

"a board might rot, since it's so wet and humid in there. That's why I used a piece of one of those plastic grids"

Nope, just one piece of advice - keep it simple. You can always add complexity later.

Back