What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm finally doing it!

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I am finally going to do my new terr. setup. Does anyone have any advice on plant protection and that kind of stuff?

Ok, I didn't get any advice; but than again... I didn't even look until I had already finished. Well, here it is:
HPIM0165.JPG

HUH?

are Mh lights hot?

not to bad. They get warm but not hot, just don't touch the bulb, or else theyre hot LOL

What plants are in the photo?

Here is a better pic,  
Terr.JPG
Back: D. Adelae and N. Gracilis
Front: D. Spatulata, D. Falconeri(which you can't see because it is so small and not above the pot), H. Heterodexa x minor. Over to the far right with just a fragment showing is my LFS that I have been growing over the summer which I am wanting to trade this coming summer.

Wesley,

I'm not an expert (I just play one on TV :) ), but I'd be a bit concerned growing D. falconeri (which likes conditions really hot, I believe), and any Heliamphora, which likes it on the cool side. I have two 55-gal Heli tanks, and I rarely let them get above 72 degrees f. I've never grown the petiolaris complex of Drosera, but I've seen them at their happiest (in the collections of others) at 80 degrees or more.

biggrin.gif

temps, are mediocre.  yes, helis like on the cool side and falcs on the warm side.  The Savage Garden Helis like day temps between 60-80 and night temps 45-60.  The falc temps should be between 60-90.The temps in the terr are 70s in thge day and 55-60 (and 65 on the warmest night) in the night.  I am also starting to sleep with my windows cracked, and that will also help cool it off.  Oh, and I don't heat my room. Oh, the book also said, to keep the pot from getting to hot, and I still worling on how to keep it cool. If you have any idea I'd appreciate them. Thank you for your concern and it made me think about my setup. I sure am glad you pointed it though. Because I don't think I wouldv'e tried to cool the pots or the terr.

God bless,
Wes

Back