What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey people, I'm back from vacation from the Dominican Republic visiting some family and going to my favorite resort in the world! I also learned a very important lesson during at the resort, never swim after you eat, espsecially at a beach! A lady drowned, it was tragic. My flava finally made its first pitcher for me, and something ate and cut down one of my alata pitchers and has been chewing on my Saracenia purpurea venosa and cut off a new pitcher, but they're all alive, atleast, my Saracenia leucophylla is making 6 new pitchers that I can tell will be tall. My Drosera aliciae's flower stalk finally formed buds and one bloomed today! Btw, do sundews usually stop leaf produstion when they make the actual flowers? It looks like mine did. Anyways, I'm happy to be back :D.

Welcome back! A friend of mine went to the DR for vacation and she loved it.

Sounds like your plants did pretty well in your absence. :)

When I was little my mother NEVER let me in a swimming pool after we ate. That was a cardinal sin. She said you can get cramps. I guess she was right. That is very sad about the lady. :(

Back