What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm back on the forum, life has been nuts.

First of all, I am incredibly relieved to hear you are ok Troy. I have been worried sick all day since I just caught wind of the bombing, horrible thing to happen to such a pretty place, to happen anywhere. The world is insane. I tell people almost everyday to someday manage to get over there and go on your trek in Sumatra hiking and what not. That just sounds like a dream vacation. Thank god for fate you were just home.

Seondly, hi everyone! It has been quite a while since I have been to the site. I missed everyone, my plants are doing well. I got married July 2nd, we are very happy, WE ARE NOT HAVING KIDS! lol, not for a good while anyways. We get asked that so much it isn't funny anymore. We are both jelious of my plants that get to go to sleep for the winter, we are worn out from life lately with the pace everything is moving in our lives. My life is settling down into a more constant rythm and I think I will have time again to keep in touch with everyone on here. My Nepenthes have all been growing at break neck speed, my Red Ventricosa has about 10 active pitchers right now. The Ventricosa Maxima I thought I had killed this summer started pitchering again about 2 weeks ago and already there is a pitcher that could hold over a cup of liquid. I am pretty happy about that. All of my VFT's died while I was having to spend so much time out of town in training seminars throughout September,(over half the month I was out of town). Rachel ( my lovely wife) tried, but just didn't know exactly how to take care of them and they dried out too many times. Most of my Sarrs died at the same time, so I pretty much have a Nep collection now. My mini-bog outside survived everything, so there are a couple Sarrs and VFTs alive out there. Ummm...what else....I started my second term as an Americorps volunteer in September (hence all the trainings) and am on my way to my second scollarship award for it. I got almost $5,000 for my last term. I am eligible to get just as much this time around, now I just need to figure out what I want to go to school for now. I was leaning towards an IT career, but I just can't figure out which one. Maybe I'll go into programming or something in that field, I like making my own programs, anyways. I just really wanted to say hi to everyone on the forum and give an update for my new family. Talk to everyone later. It feels good to be on the forum again.

hhoooooRAY Flint!!! WELCOME BACK!!!

So glad to hear everythings goin well!!! Plants, and family!
Yay! hehehe...

So happy to have you back around again...we've missed you!
Sounds like your life is busy but fulfilling. Welcome back...don't leave us again, ok?

Congrats on the Wife and the School!!

I am ( we are all ) happy for you
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

You have TONS of reading to catch up on
wink.gif

Congrats Flint! Welcome to the club, and welcome back!

BTW, are you going to have.....

a puppy soon?

Congratulations!

I agree with what was said above.. but women are suckers for cats (so am i too hehe). If she starts talking about having a kid, just stop by a kennel or a pet shop, and look at all the kitties, and pick ne up.
smile.gif

Pat

and WELCOME BACK! (i still have your movies BTW) ... hehe

YAY! Everyone remembers me! lol. Great to hear from you guys. I hope things don't get so bad I am too busy for the forum again. Ya, Rachel is already asking for a cat, or two, or three, or ten...luckily right now we can't afford to have a cat, it is a hundred dollar deposit to keep a cat in my appartment complex. Too hefty for our meager income right now. She is up for promotion soon though, so that should fix itself just given time.
smile.gif
Ya, I do have ALOT of reading to catch up on, I doubt I will, you guys talk way too much, hehe. I spent the better part of last night reading, passed out and woke up with qwerty face. Teach me to drink and surf. lol. Anyways, yes, I have alot of catching up to do with everyone. If anyone else wants to post in this string what they have been up to I would love it! I've missed everyone alot. For anyone that wants to chat, I use Yahoo messenger now, my name is
Homocidal_Tendancies
don't ask, I don't remember why I set up that name, but it has all my friends on it since like 9th grade, can't get myself to change accounts.

Flint,

Great to have you back man. We been missin you in the Utric forum

Hi Flint,
Welcome back from me too! You had one busy Summer!

Hi and welcome back, Flint! Of course no one forgot you!
smile.gif
And congratulations on your marriage. That's great. You can joiin the ranks with Pyro who also got married recently...and I believe Adnedarn also.....and Troy has a new little baby girl! So lots of happenings on the forums. Aww...but you missed "The Great N. Rajah Incident"...lol....uhhhh...don't ask!! That one is better left in the vault.

Hope to see you around.

Suzanne

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (phlitrapguy @ Oct. 14 2002,8:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
*Wipes tear from corner of eye*

...So beautifully put Phillip...
wink.gif
Haha...

OK so I realy realy late cause Ive been a serious slacker lately but I just cant help but say welcome back Flint! We were wondering where the heck you dissapeared to and how things were goin.
Heck I thought we lost ya
confused.gif

But here ya are
biggrin.gif
YAY
biggrin.gif

Glad to see you back! And congrats!!!

Back