What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illogical children

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
My kids all know how to run on lights. They just don't know how to turn them off.

If there are 2 identical jars of peanut butter in the pantry, invariably, both will be opened. No matter how many times I preach about finishing one, before opening the second.... The same holds true for milk, juice, toilet paper, cold cereal, etc...

Does anybody else experience these phenomena?
confused.gif

I'm with you herenorthere, my wife is the same. At least with kids you can teach them. It's too late for the wife.

Bill Cosby said it was brain damage. And that is why our parents looked so stern all the time, because we were loaded with it. He may have a point.

lol...wow i love you guys, u alwas seem you have me dying..

Stop right there, Altrade!!!!! You gotta go to another Forum to die. You can't do it here, or you'll be banned!!!!!!!!!

i dont have an illogical child, i am one
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Feb. 13 2005,2:11)]i dont have an illogical child, i am one
smile_n_32.gif
HAHAHAHAHA, that is me alll the way. My mom rants and raves about me and my dad not turning the lights out, eating without her, being too glued to the tv to notice her(my dad), not cleaning up after ourselves... etc. I am finally learning though; I turn off lights (sometimes), wait for her to sit down before I eat (usually), I can't get glued to the tv because Dad takes it before I can get into anything.... but then the computer becomes mine for the next however many hours, I clean my room and bathroom once a week, and other things.

LOL. you should see my room. I litteraly have to step over things to get to my bed (which is about six steps away from the door... ), my mom is always complaining to me that i'm always online and don't listen to her when she's talking to me (who the heck talks to someone when they're online? i mean c'mon! LOL) she's always nagging me about cleaning my dishes, etc..

The day i become logical is the day that i sprout wings, fly to the top of mount everest, and yodel while jugling three chainsaws, sunpitcher, and amatuer expert over my head while spitting jelly beans at a target (getting bulls eye's every time) that's being held by a passing alien spaceship.

(in case you didn't figure that out, it means i'll NEVER be logical)

I mean, i leave the door open when i walk to school (not unlocked, OPEN), my room is a legally registered biohazzardous area, i leave the lights on all the time.

I'm slowly getting better though. I'll never be over the biohazard thing...

LOL, I can beat you on that one jimscott, we have SIX jars of peanut butter, all bought and opened by my mom. Only thing is, there are 3 that are the same, and 3 that are completely different. Each has RUDE deep dips in them, some have crumbs, some have crumbs and jelly. And all are half-full. I swear, if the jars were bigger, I'd probably find spoons in them as well! At least peanut butter doesn't rot quickly!

Yup, Michelle, you have me beat!

Does anyone have to hide the TV remotes because an accessible remote is a lost remote?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Stop right there, Altrade!!!!! You gotta go to another Forum to die. You can't do it here, or you'll be banned!!!!!!!!!

ok ok o...so many rules!
mad.gif

We have two remotes downstairs for the tv. One's on the coffee table and is never supposed to be moved. The other one is the "wandering" remote. The permanent remote is lame and has only basic controls, therefore nobody wants to use it. It gives them (my parents) incentive to find the better one.

Michelle, you sound like the adult and.... (I mean relatively speaking...)

What about things like finding empty milk or juice containers in the fridge and ones with liquid in it are left out to spoil?

Y'all are weird. Some seem proud to be nuts
smile_n_32.gif

Thank you... I'll take that as a compliment! Hey, how 'bout that LACPS photographer? Now that's an interesting critter!

I'm like obsessive complulsive and little things like that drive me nuts. Not things like peanut butter jars open cuz peanut butter never really goes bad. However, when people drink out of the milk jug...now that ticks me off! My step dad does it all the time and wonders why everyone gets sick all the time. I have my light on all the time cuz I'm always in here (my room) unless it's night time (my parakeet needs to sleep!). My room's not that bad but I'm pretty neat but my step brother and his friends are not. So my room is always left crappy and I gotta clean it up. I think that'd tick anyone off. Anywhere else in the house I like the lights on because my house has a lot of windows and it's creepy out there! I despise remotes now, they get lost way too much. My step dad always blames me for it. I'm just like "I HAVEN'T TOUCHED THE STUPID THING IN 5 DAYS WHY SHOULD I KNOW WHERE IT IS?!" then he says "Yeah right you're here all day you can't tell me that you haven't touched the remote in 5 days!" then I quietly reply "THAT'S WHY I HAVE A TV IN MY ROOM YA IDIOT!!!" If ya haven't noticed I have no respect left for him ^_^ don't make me explain. He pushes all of my buttons on a daily basis. lol

Bathroom Antics:

1) Why can't they put the toothpaste cap back on?
2) If the shampoo bottle is nearly empty, why can't they put it back on the shower caddy upside down?
3) Why do they almost never close the shampoo bottle?
4) Am I the only one who removes hair from the tub grate?
5) We have a hamper specifically for used towels, right outside the bathroom. Why can't they put them in there?

I told you. BRAIN DAMAGE!!!!! (Cosby wuz rite!)

Back