What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you were a nepenthes which would you be?

If you were a nepenthes, which species would you be????
The answer is up for you to decide. ;)
Think of an idea and fire away!

To start it off, I think that I would be a nepenthes vogelli, seemingly normal, but has intereting upper pitchers.

veitchii H/L.. mouthy and colorful..

N. macrophylla - chubby, fuzzy, partial to warm days and cold nights, and with sharp teeth. :p
~Joe

Last edited:
N. boschiana - Slender, darkly colorful and showy.

Right now im having the worst cold i've ever had so i would be a Lowii with lots of uppers producing tons of mucus from their lids :-))

I would be the generic ventricosa red that is currently circulating in cultivation. That way I would have a chance at living forever!

Nepenthes lowii. ;)

N. jacquelineae, pure red form

Unique shape

i'd love to be burbidgeae---northiana of the highlands....great shape (v-shape, some thing that i proudly sport IRL), candy striped permistone, molted with creme, red, purple, and light green...seriously underrated plant in my opinion....plus i get to hang out with the lovely untouchable girl next door: edwardisiana. XD

Molted with cream? That sounds kind of weird. And that's not even touching on girls named Edward...
~Joe

N. reinwardtiana - simple, slender, seemingly boring, but quite interesting when you get to know it.

Molted with cream? That sounds kind of weird. And that's not even touching on girls named Edward...
~Joe

um....ok...i'll give you awkward descriptor....but it's not eddie's fault that a guy found it! everything about that plant oozes with femininity...eddie's like the jessica rabbit of the nep world.
it's like those greek girls that traditionally have to take their father's first name as their middle name. XD

N.northiana....big, bold, and loves the heat....also likes a home with a view. ;)

Clipeata.

I don't think I have to elaborate.

It would have to be villosa it's in my opinion the holy Grail of nepenthes :hail:

N. diatas, dark, dainty but with surprisingly sharp teeth. :lol:

Back