What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idiotic post office.............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
as most of you know i work at a weekly paper. "we" also own a smaller weekly in a town 40 miles down the road. we put together our paper Tusday afternoon/evening and i haul it over to a town 50 miles away to get it printed at 5 am Wednesday morning. get it back to town gather up the sections and get it out on newstands. we do this while the gals up front put together our other paper which gets printed here(its a smaller paper) by me in the afternoon. and we ship it back to them. our gal who works at the other paper mails us up her stories and adds EVERY tuesday and its always here on Wednesday morning. well until the last few weeks. it seems the idiots at the post office like sending the envelope to Billings(a solid 4 hours away) before getting it back here. so it takes two days for it to go 40 miles, along a main highway, within the same county. HOW FREAKING IDIOTIC IS THAT?!?!?!

sorry, it just screwed up my day, had to vent

Looks like Rattler can add another weekly activity in the future.  The USPS must have reorganized its system there.  Maybe they used to rely on people sorting locally and sending some directly from Dog Point to Wolf Point.  But now it all goes to Billings to be run through a machine.  Saves a little money, puts someone out of work, and screws up a newspaper's operation.  That's known as a more effective economy.  Of course the newspaper will find an alternative and the USPS will lose more business.  So d*mn efficient.

Couldn't have said it better Bruce! My wife works for the local post office. They used to sort the local mail and put it up the same day (usually). The town has grown a bit and now they have to send the mail to Salida to be sorted by machine and it comes back the next day. Another part of the USPS reorganizing scheme is to not replace people as they retire. They just expect the remaining employees to work harder to take up the slack. It seems they think it's cheaper to pay a little overtime than to pay a new employee and their benefits.

Back