What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify this!

I wonder what it can be, scroll down for answer

yes you are right, it is the fungus.
My soil mixture is all covered with fungus, is there any way to get rid of the fungus without hurting the environment, I afraid that fungicide may injure the other plants and aquatic life I have in my small terrarium, any help?

You can try spraying the surface frequently with distilled water. Sometimes it helps. Increase your air circulation. I can't see the picture so I don't know what is affected. If you have a substrate terrarium, this is bad stuff! A similar infection once cost me my entire collection. If it is a single pot that is affected, isolate it at once.

nooooo, its a substrate terrarium, i'll try isolating the problem, but all the lf sphagnum moss is covered with this stuff, and now its creeping onto the soil mixture, its becoming everywhere.

I have used grounded cinnamon with some sucess. With no injury to my sarracenia seedlings even though some were covered in it. It did kill the slime molds on the LFS. I later rinsed the cinnamon way with rain water.

I am going to have to try that.

Back