What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID These Tropical/Sub-Tropical Dews!

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
There are two kinds of rosettes. One I remember is aliciae, the other I can't ID. They have roundish leaves, you can see in the pics. Some are of D. aliciae, there are a couple of the roundish leafed ones. Both rosettes. There's also one or two capes in there. Also, what are those little green sprouts in there? I think I've seen them in pics before but I can't remember... ???

zmxdsn.jpg

34jc21g.jpg

5u0p2.jpg

1zgg47d.jpg

2pq9lk3.jpg

Thanks in advance! :D

Those little green sprouts are Utricularia leaves.

Good luck ID-ing the dews! I think the best we can saw is D. roundandstickya.

Could the round ones be spatulata? ???

ZA dews... That's it, we can't get any closer. Elongated leaves are capensis. The rest can't be identified at this size.

Spatulata is probably a safe guess. The utricularia is U. bisquamata. Throw some U. subulata in there and all you'll have to do is add water.

Last edited:
ZA dews... That's it, we can't get any closer. Elongated leaves are capensis. The rest can't be identified at this size.

Okay... How many years until they are at a size they can be identified at? And would I need to repot by then? ???

Spatulata is probably a safe guess. The utricularia is U. bisquamata. Throw some U. subulata in there and all you'll have to do is add water.

Yeah, I think that is what the owner said but I honestly forgot. ???

Back