What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID my nep.

i still haven't been able to get it to pitcher. I think it needs more humidity. I am new to growing these plants. The tendrils off the end of the leaf grow then just dry out and turn brown before even thinking of pitchering. It gets 8-10 hours of sunlight a day and not too hot temps. I keep it watered well (not too much, but moist.

Any ideas?

that thing really is mammoth...

bump

anyone can give me some info, lots of sun in the day but no luck. I think humidity is to play, its only around 50-60% average where I live. Its a big plant but no luck. Who wants it? Anyone from vancouver BC to lend a hand?

50-60% is plenty for N. Ventrata.. Define lots of sun. I am betting it needs more light.

still no one able to make an ID? hmm well I guess I have a mystery plant

Post some pictures when it has a fully colored, open, mature looking pitcher. The tiny little pitchers from basal shoots and such are nondescript.

Do you have any recent pictures of the pitchers? The pitchers that are shown are too young, many Nepenthes pitchers start out like that.

Crystal

EDIT: Tony beat me to it.

Last edited:
Back