What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icps members without s. alabamensis?

Are there any ICPS members who want but do not have an ICPS S. alabamensis?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who give away some or all of a plant, so let's see who wants one.  If you aren't an ICPS member yet, it's only $25 per year and you can get more info and download an application at http://www.carnivorousplants.org.  Plants in the US can only be shipped within the US.

I am a member!
and I dont have one!
and would like one!
smile.gif

I joined the ICPS 10 years ago, then let my membership lapse for a few years because my collection dwindled while I moved and lived in a few places where I didnt have a suitable outdoor CP environment.
so I basically got out of the hobby for a few years..not totally, I have a few plants that I have had continously for 10 years, but I nearly dropped out of the hobby just because of moving/job/apartment circumstances..
and it was during that time that the ICPS had the alabamensis program..
I re-joined the ICPS about a year ago..

so yes! im interested!
thanks Bruce!
Scot

Well, since I don't have this plant, this seems like a good time for me join!  To be fair, I'll post again as soon as I join (got to get the wife's permission first  
smile_n_32.gif
)

Hello

I have been a ICPS member since 1999 and I don't have one.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

I had one but then a fungus wipped it out (along with my luteola, antho-free leuco and half my Sarr collection! )

I just mailed out my renewal 2 days ago (times have been a little hard) but if you have one left --once my registration is renewed of course-- I'd love one.

Hello,
I joined about a year ago and am looking to expand my small collection. I would love one.

I'm hoping others will chip in with their plants too. Either that or a certain Messiah will have to come take charge of the distribution.

I'll bump this back up.  Mine isn't large enough to supply this many people, so some others will need to help.  My Sarrs are breaking dormancy now and I'll trim away the remaining brown things on my S. alabamensis to get a sense of how I can divide it.

This is my first year with mine so no division yet.

ICPS members are supposed to have this plant? Thats something I didn't know.

I am a member and I would like one
smile.gif

Well not all ICPS members can gave this plant, just U.S members.

"AL001", "AL002", and "AL003" are location codes for these plants. The locations themself are known by only a few ICPS members on a need to know basis. This is to protect the sights the plants are found out.

The ICPS distributed these plants two years ago. Those interested in getting the plants sent in $7°° to cover postage. There was no guarantee that you would get a plant. If that was the case your money was returned. The idea was that by distributing these plants all over, there would be more people to cultivate them and pass on the seeds and extra plants to others. Thus taking pressure off the wild plants from poachers. Not much money in a plant when you can get cuttings or seeds free.

Back