What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IB

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
Yeah, well on monday I started my first day at Rickards High, and It's an IB school or international Bacculariot (I hope I spelled it right), and I was wondering if anyone else has or is in highschool more specifically an IB highschool. If so Please tell me what it's like because, I'm really worried.

well i dont know about IB schools but i go to a Catholic High School. dont worry your gonna love highschool! im a sophmore now and i loved freshman year! i met so many new people. the teachers are like any others...they are more of friends thatn teachers rely(at least at my school)
Alex

i'm homeschooled. no books, paper, pencils, or teachers. i get 2 days worth done in 3 hours and i sleep untill noon. i go to ablazeacademy.com

Spelled: international Baccalaureate

I believe I had a discussion with my Econ/Gov teacher about this sort of program last year. If I recall, it's a rather intensive programme, often focusing on a particular subject. I found it an interesting idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

I'm still not sure what IB means completely, but I did however choose this school because A- it gives me a much better chance in getting a scholarship in a college, B- It isn't my zoned school because it is over run by snobby rich kids who do any drug that's handed to them.

The spelling is baccalaureate (I think) but, don't worry, you have plenty of time to learn it before graduation. Anyway, I doubt I've ever used the word before in my 45 years. One of those schools is near here and it's supposed to be a little more rigorous, like schools in other countries. Whatever that means.

My daughter's school is over run by snobby rich kids, so I know what you mean.  The city redistricted our neighborhood, which is more than half minority, into the wealthy end of town's middle school & high school district, so the racial balance wouldn't be too out of whack.  I must say the wealthy and upper middle classes aren't all as snobby and druggy as I had thought, but they certainly have more than their fair share.  And they definitely are a good advertisement for maintaining estate taxes and preventing further generations of Bushes and Kennedys.  A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

You're lucky, at my old school almost every prep or rich kid was either a complete redneck(sorry if I offend anybody but it's the only way I know how to describe it) , a druggie, or both, because it's in and hip and cool. And also in their eyes if you're different, then You're not okay.

I teach IB Biology at a high school in central Florida. If you stay in the program make sure you check on the Bright Futures Scholarship. If you have the grades and meet the requirements it basically pays 100% of your tuition at a public university in Florida. Also UF, FSU, UCF, and USF give preferential admission to IB students. If you score high enough on your IB exams you also have the opportunity to enter college as a sophomore. It is a lot of work, so you need to learn how to budget your time. By the way, I also teach zoology - not an IB class, but a great elective class to take if your school offers it. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, if I don't know the answer I can find out for you.

Hey, I just realized you said you started school on Monday - must be nice! We started on August 1st.

Back