What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to appologize in advance...........

......on any potential forgotten trades, absence from the forums and all that for the next about 4 months. i was politely and suddenly informed yesterday that after 3 years of there being an unofficial woman in control of my life, that she will be officially in control, and deamed supreme master of me and my possesions and my whole world on May 28  
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_k_ani_32.gif

for those who havent figured it out im getting married on May 28 to a wonderful gal that has put up with me and my plants and zoo for the last 3 years. basically a simple wedding(well as simple as i can get away with) followed by a huge party. well heres to Darla, my potentially fatal plunge and hope fully the whip doesnt come out to soon..........well may be at night  
smile_m_32.gif

Sorry to hear that.
smile_n_32.gif
J/K

When you are married, since she will be running your life, she can keep track of the trades for you then.

Congrats. well maybe you can get her ino Cps and then you will be getting lots more

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Congrats!

Well, it was nice to know you and having you around.
smile_h_32.gif

When you finaly put your foot down and tell her who's the boss, we'll welcome you back. (I can hear all the married men laughing at me now). I have to go before my wife reads this.
confused.gif

lol not to worried about that Ozzy, we have been living together for the last 2 and a half years. in fact this whole CP thing is her fault. she insisted that i try to grow orchids and somewhere along the lines i stumbled across a Nepenthes and picked it up too while looking for a new orchid.

as for getting her involved in plants she swears she has a black thumb and rolls her eyes everytime she sees me examining the pots of moss that actually have Utrics in them.

Congrats. Do not listen to them, we women are wonderful and totally understanding at all ..ack..cough..ack. Sorry, choked on that one. I could not quite pull it off.:p

Sounds bad. I know you'll get through this tough trial.. lol

Ah! The nightmare begins!! MAESTRO!!! MUSIC!!!!!! And now, down into the abyss! The Black Hole into married oblivion! Tortured by the inconsistencies of the human female!!!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!
Rattler, I've been married 30 years this March, and I wouldn't trade the "nightmare", the oblivion", or the inconsistencies for anything in the world, not even plants. I found out I have a few thousand inconsistencies of my own, and she still likes me!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I wouldn't trade the "nightmare", the oblivion", or the inconsistencies for anything in the world, not even plants.

We can trade em in for plants!! Where do I sign up for this?
smile_n_32.gif

Does sound good....................

man you guys are sure cheerful over all this
smile_n_32.gif
i am not the least bit worried yet, after i see the bills i may have a heart attack. we have lived together for over 2 and a half years now. i really cant fore see much of anything changing. it was nice of Darla to inform me though, i always figured she would just one day insist we both go to the court house for something
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Feb. 02 2005,9:57)]i always figured she would just one day insist we both go to the court house for something
That unfortunate visit to the courthouse for "something" usually comes some time after the wedding.

"You LOVE your plants more than me!!!" rings a bell here.... Your life is going to just get insanely INSANE the closer it gets to the magic date, so be prepared. It's still fresh in my mind. We did get a few free dinners and stuff after D went to a few bridal shows.

I hope you have a nice friend like Schloaty to give you a nice CP as a wedding gift, instead of all those linens & towels. My N. aristolochiodes was MY best gift (thanks Schloaty). Maybe for your bachelor party you could get drunk and go on a CP buying binge at Peter D'Amatos....

I could not believe it, but I did manage to have potted CP's on and around our "Sweetheart Table" at the reception (as long as the pots were wrapped in gold foil).

Congrats.

WildBill

Congratulations! And no puns this time!

I love it... CONGRATULATIONS!

There's going to be something for you in your mail from me. Please check in a few moments!

Congratulations Rattler. Did you give her a Philipsburg Montana sapphire engagement ring or does she know you too well to let you get away with it?

lol actually she put down the idea of an engagement ring a long time ago. its a bit complicated. i would have loved to do that but it wasnt going to happen and after all the insisting that she REALLY didnt want a ring other than a wedding band i didnt dare get her one. i woulda got smacked upside the head. i am however predicting a nice necklace with a sapphire in it in her near future.

I hope you the best I am married for the 2nd time this one is the best and I know it I have her to thank for all my plants . I am spoiled she helps me build my jungle as she calls it.

Back