What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want my T TV

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I dunno if anyone else caught Tarantula fever with Massmorels showing his critters but I found a most fantastic YouTube channel here that he and others might enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tarantulaguy1976#p/u

Choose from all videos on the right,use the handy search feature or just star at the top and go down. There must be 100s of well done amateur mini-documentaries by this guy and his wife. I've been watching for hours and hours the last few nights and am not yet halfway.

Just some of the GREAT video tutorials:
creating dramatic looking vivariums, adding ventilation to various containers, how to receive a T by mail, how to pack a T to ship, how to remove egg sacks, mating, opening egg sacks, incubating, bite reports, etc....

He also reviews Ts sold by various online people, opens the package "on air" some new arrivals are ready to fight! lol

If you want to see awesome Tarantula TV this is most definitely it. If you don't wanna own one but want to know all the trials and triumphs of owning them you can do so vicariously through this guys channel, every aspect seems covered.

U also might wanna try "viperkeeper" on youtube, he specializes only in venomous snakes though

hahah, im guilty of watching both!

I dunno if anyone else caught Tarantula fever with Massmorels showing his critters but I found a most fantastic YouTube channel here that he and others might enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tarantulaguy1976#p/u

Choose from all videos on the right,use the handy search feature or just star at the top and go down. There must be 100s of well done amateur mini-documentaries by this guy and his wife. I've been watching for hours and hours the last few nights and am not yet halfway.

Just some of the GREAT video tutorials:
creating dramatic looking vivariums, adding ventilation to various containers, how to receive a T by mail, how to pack a T to ship, how to remove egg sacks, mating, opening egg sacks, incubating, bite reports, etc....

He also reviews Ts sold by various online people, opens the package "on air" some new arrivals are ready to fight! lol

If you want to see awesome Tarantula TV this is most definitely it. If you don't wanna own one but want to know all the trials and triumphs of owning them you can do so vicariously through this guys channel, every aspect seems covered.

Good luck to getting your exotic tarantula soon! i see u r getting worse with the flu oooh ooh oooh i can't wit to see what t u get ! lol

I don't know if I'll get one - ok I probly will... but I haven't made any firm decisions on what yet as I'm knee deep in my remodeling project (MAYBE done with the floors tomorrow - please god!) so for now I'm only daydreaming about it. Plus my copy of The Tarantula Keepers Guide hasn't arrived yet from Amazon! lol :D

"Money for nothing..."

I'll have to check them out.

I'm not a big fan of spiders, but would get one...... if I could. (Wife says NO WAY!). Love the Cobalt Blues. Saw them at a reptile show about a year and a half ago.
She also says no to scorpions also, but I may have a chance of changer her mind on them, but not spiders, she absolutely hates them.

I dunno if anyone else caught Tarantula fever with Massmorels showing his critters. There must be 100s of well done amateur mini-documentaries by this guy and his wife.

And of course.. you had to pic my ARCH NEMESIS to share the spotlight with me. Rob and I LOATHE each other.

Plus my copy of The Tarantula Keepers Guide hasn't arrived yet from Amazon! lol :D

You should've asked me about that book. I have 2 copies of that same book, and would've happily sent you one for free.. Not many pics, but a good technical read. Pretty advanced reading for beginners.

I'll have to check them out.

I'm not a big fan of spiders, but would get one...... if I could. (Wife says NO WAY!). Love the Cobalt Blues. Saw them at a reptile show about a year and a half ago.
She also says no to scorpions also, but I may have a chance of changer her mind on them, but not spiders, she absolutely hates them.
not all of them are vicious as some think, check out the 1 I like "Gramostola Pulchara" black n shiny, huge, calm and handle able. Maybe she will let you off the hook once u learn this Puclhara.

not all of them are vicious as some think, check out the 1 I like "Gramostola Pulchara" black n shiny, huge, calm and handle able. Maybe she will let you off the hook once u learn this Puclhara.

spelling correction: Grammostola pulchra

And the 2nd half of the scientific name is lower case.

oh binomial nomenclature....MM: your forgot to italicize or underline the names as well. hahaha.

anywho---arch nemesis eh? hahaha lolz. im sure if you posted a couple of vids of your tarantulas, we'd be watching you too. the guy does have a good monopoly when it comes to tarantulas on youtube.

spelling correction: Grammostola pulchra

And the 2nd half of the scientific name is lower case.
sorry keyboard spelling isn't my best trait :-( oh and mass..... have u finally given up on standing tall for your sucky cartoon taste ? it's never too late to puke on your current cuddle luby duby show, yeah that's right! haha!

sorry keyboard spelling isn't my best trait :-( oh and mass..... have u finally given up on standing tall for your sucky cartoon taste ? it's never too late to puke on your current cuddle luby duby show, yeah that's right! haha!

The Simpsons never did a Star Wars epsiode, or kept up with the times.. Until they do, Family Guy RULES ALL CARTOON HUMOR!

oh binomial nomenclature....MM: your forgot to italicize or underline the names as well. hahaha.

anywho---arch nemesis eh? hahaha lolz. im sure if you posted a couple of vids of your tarantulas, we'd be watching you too. the guy does have a good monopoly when it comes to tarantulas on youtube.

Vids are for people that don't know how to use a camera. I have him crushed when it comes to photography! And to me, that's pleasing enough.. If you like, I will open my 20pages of photobucket photography to the public.

LOL everyone needs an arch nemesis! But why is that? Just cos your husbandry ideas are different? I actually figured you were probly gonna say you were him! LOL

I wanted this book before I buy one so I can be SURE I want one, 10-20 years is a long time. I just got it today (1 day early) so I'm gonna delve into it. Ah well, thanks for the offer anyway, maybe you've influenced someone else and they'll try to get it from you. It looks like a good book, I was hoping there'd be more text than images (there is) Some of Barron's Books are almost all photos and not a ton of info, I hate that.

On the Offtopic:
I don't like FG or Simpsons... so there! :D
Dr. Katz, Home Movies, ATHF, Spongebob, Mad Jack the Pirate, Futurama, The Oblongs, Metapocalypse, 12 oz Mouse... can't think of others cos all my DVDs are in boxes at the moment.

LOL everyone needs an arch nemesis! But why is that? Just cos your husbandry ideas are different? I actually figured you were probly gonna say you were him! LOL

No, because he's a POS and talks smack. I guess it's because he's jealous, or just stupid. Either way, I think he's a tool.

Here's the link to my photobucket acct. http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l270/massmorels/

Great pics.

Page 18 - 5 lines down, the blue one I take it is a Cobalt Blue?.... beautiful.

correct.. and again on page 16 2nd line from top. Lots of blue tarantulas on that page..

The Simpsons never did a Star Wars epsiode, or kept up with the times.. Until they do, Family Guy RULES ALL CARTOON HUMOR!

Vids are for people that don't know how to use a camera. I have him crushed when it comes to photography! And to me, that's pleasing enough.. If you like, I will open my 20pages of photobucket photography to the public.
eh correction please, your dorky lol family guy will never achieve legendary status unlike the Simpsons, let's see, ummm the simpsons will be like legend for the next eh at least a thousand years to be realistic it will never fall. But on the other hand the quirky family guy shall fade in just a few decades like pooft pooft oh no wait I mean like POOFT !!!! POOOOOOOFT!!! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFTTTTT PRRRRROOOOOTPMPMPMPMPRUUUUUUUTTUTTUUUUROOOT!!! (HEAVY fart sounds haha!) the tiny tiny tidbit puny weakling familly guy click is in mass ruins as the smell envelops and hearthbreakingly crushed and obliterated the society LOL!!! Awwwwwww poor FG mini pink TINKERBELLS don't be sad, just surrender to us that is the ONLY WAY!! so until then the Simpsons rule the cartoon world with iron knuckles! bwahahahaha!! oops really got u there eh mass didn't I? lol u may now kiss the ring of the almighty! Simpsons nation for we will never be defeated! we can still accept you as the prodigal son ONLY if you choose to reinstate your vows.and proclaim Simpsons as you LORD I barely post but this is something that i will NEVER let slide LOLZ Sorry mass but this is a war u can NEVER EVER WIN!! it is fair to say that I clearly own you in this subject hahaah! So congrats to me i won, FAMILY GUY SUCKS!!!! mhuhahahahahahaaha!!! :-)) CHEERS to the whole S nation (the mightiest of the mighty!) owning FG dorkies FOREVER!!!! BWAHAHAHAAHHAHAH!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

I wanted this book before I buy one so I can be SURE I want one, 10-20 years is a long time. I just got it today (1 day early) so I'm gonna delve into it. Ah well, thanks for the offer anyway, maybe you've influenced someone else and they'll try to get it from you. It looks like a good book, I was hoping there'd be more text than images (there is) Some of Barron's Books are almost all photos and not a ton of info, I hate that.

On the Offtopic:
I don't like FG or Simpsons... so there! :D
Dr. Katz, Home Movies, ATHF, Spongebob, Mad Jack the Pirate, Futurama, The Oblongs, Metapocalypse, 12 oz Mouse... can't think of others cos all my DVDs are in boxes at the moment.
Not like the Simpsons?! right when u thought some one was cool! haha:censor::-))

Massmorels,
You seem to have personal experiences with him that I don't (are you skate rivals perhaps?) so I can only go by what I see on the Tube shows. You could do some videos and make yours better video quality than his! LOL

Anyway, the Tarantula Keepers Guide book is awesome - I'm really enjoying it. I don't mind the more technical scientific stuff at all, I'm a geek and like reading all sorts of nerdy stuff. I've just completed the Anatomy/life cycle section at work tonight. I'm probably gonna dream about the words "pedipalps" and "sperm web"! LOL

You said you have several copies of this book and I'm curious if you have earlier and later editions? I have the 2009 edition which has "the latest" info but the preface says they cut out some chapters to put the new stuff in, what did they cut? The text doesn't say but I'd have paid a few $ extra for them to have left it in. Hopefully it wasn't of any importance....?

My one grievance with the book is that the authors seem to downplay the nature style vivarium and promote the "life in the clear shoebox" mentality and I think that kinda housing long term sucks. That's fine for feeder crickets or something who won't be around long but I want the T to have a nice habitat and this book sorta spurns that for no obvious good reason.

Plantea,
I did like the Simpsons at first when they were a short toon on the Tracy Ullman Show (in like 1990 or was it even earlier?) and the first seasons were pretty good. I guess I just got burned out on 'em. Futurama is by Matt Groening as well (Simpsons creator) and I really love that one, I've got all the seasons on DVD. They're supposed to be making a new season for Comedy Central this year but I haven't heard when it will air. I did like the Toad Licking episode of Family Guy - that was funny and I like Stewy the little Hitler-baby from that show. I actually saw in the paper a while back some kid in MA got arrested with a Colorado River Toad under a charge of "intent to lick"! LOL

Back