What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought i was smarter than this

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I got several emails last night which "appeared" to be from my web hosting company advising that my account was going to be closed. So I downloaded the file (duh) and it disabled my firewall. I noticed this right away so got offline and rebooted the PC and the firewall was there but completely not functioning so never went back online but the computer kept telling me that I or a program is attempting to contact irc.blackcard.com so I just finsihed rebooting the PC. Checked with my server and of course, I'm not in trouble for anything my accounts are fine... whew!

Y'all be careful out there online!

(in defense of my adled brain, I'd just gotten off 14 hour shift at the junk mail factory...)

Ahh well we all make mistakes. Earlier this week I deleted the printer from the computer I was trying to fix (not mine BTW). Actually it was at a work place. So then I tried to push scan disk and accidentally hit erase disk. Yep. I just got up and told the maager the computer must have gotten a virus. The techies had to reload everything. The moral of the story is: They asked me not to try to fix their computers anymore. I happy oblidged.

tee hee, you said "y'all"

yea I never download anything... not even pictures.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yea I never download anything... not even pictures.

I wish I could say the same.... I'm surprised my computer still works with all the viruses that idiots attach to things. I mean really what makes someone decide that they want to cause people's computers to crash?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!!??!

THEY"RE FREAKIN" IDIOTS!!!!!!

At this point in time I really believe in the saying "What goes around comes around"

theres a new virus now that hides in jpegs so flip you're not doing that for nothing.

I should have known better, I bypass all sorts of fakes on my different accounts just happened to have a moment of letting my guard down.

Y'all Y'all Y'all! I live in hicksville, speaking that way is contagious!
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ June 04 2005,10:01)]theres a new virus now that hides in jpegs so flip you're not doing that for nothing.
yea I know of those, its old hat.

But its just a habit of mine. I used to use windows....I swear you breath in the wrong direction on a windows machine and BAM (!)*^#)@_*^ you have a virus or a BSOD

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But its just a habit of mine. I used to use windows....I swear you breath in the wrong direction on a windows machine and BAM (!)*^#)@_*^ you have a virus or a BSOD

Actually, I think it's if you breath at all....

Back