What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think it's time...

That's no fair! Laurel has a cousin who is a year older! You guys luck out and get hand me downs. Geesh! By the time we got our boys; the kids of all of our friends and relatives were so much older than ours that they were either finishing up HS, off in college, or getting engaged to get married themselves.  We started late. We couldn't even exploit the kids of friends and family for baby sitting services let alone for hand me downs.

Hey Maehem- Andrew and his wife will never experience the total joy of going broke shopping for a girl!

It's quite a while before it gets this bad... LOL I'll be ready for it by then. Yup, I year... we've already been offered tons of hand downs. And the cool thing is, my brother's wife is a neat freak. A little stain on the clothes and in the trash it goes. So, we'll only get top notch stuff.
smilie4.gif
HEHE!!!!

just wait for it, in 15 years...

"Dad, I need 250$ for a new pair of jeans from the Gap"

Start practicing now: reach into back pocket, remove wallet, open wallet, remove credit card, hand credit card to daughter, remove wallet, go sit in corner and whimper. (or play on the last computer you were ever able to afford, you know... that one you bought back in Ought 5.)

heee heee heee....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]or play on the last computer you were ever able to afford, you know... that one you bought back in Ought 5.)

No, that computer won't be working four years from now, she'll put cheese in the cd drive.
biggrin.gif

OOhhhh.... You guys.....
mad.gif
LOL*repeats to self* "Everything will be fine, Everything will be fine, Everything will be fine....."
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 06 2005,5:26)]No, that computer won't be working four years from now, she'll put cheese in the cd drive.
biggrin.gif
Kyra used playdough.......

Jacob used a grilled cheese and then proceeded to ram it in any slot using a lincoln log. I knew those lincoln logs served a higher purpose. Brawn stuck pick up sticks in every hole in the back of the tower so that it looked like an electrofied porcupine.  And dear sweet wonderful Nick took tools out of my toolbox and promptly sat there and got the casing (something I always had difficulty doing) off my old computer and then began systematically going at the innerds. I thought it was rather quiet in there where they all were. It was a family affair. Incidentally, I was in the kitchen while they were in the family room dismembering my computer. They had been playing quietly with legos and I could see the tops of their heads from the kitchen. I had no idea the computer tower was being systematically taken apart piece by piece. No wonder why they weren't arguing over who had the most legos. Here I was enjoying the peace and tranquility and little did I know. I'm sure the others did similar damaging dastardly deeds but I can't recall specifics off the top of my head. Oh, the tv- another family affair while I was gone and my husband took a nap on the couch while they all played quietly together. That little dozing off cost us a whole new tv. Children are such curious little critters who are all too willing to explore...at our expense. Now when it's too quiet, we immediately check to see what is wrong. Live and learn.

Any parent knows, quiet = trouble

So 0zzy, where were you to share "Any parent knows, quiet = trouble" with me before I lost a brand new 27' tv that wasn't even in its permanent location and was barely out of the box?  By the way, about that box the tv came in... thousands and thousands of dollars of toys around here and that box provided hours of endless entertainment. They drew on it, poked holes in it to aim squirt guns at each other out of, and even piled up blankets and pillows in it to take naps.

My suggestion, don't buy tons of toys. Kids like bubble wrap, boxes, and pots & pans that they can bang on with big serving spoons as well as many other things available in one's own kitchen.

YAY!!!! Its a girl!! Another soldierette in the Army of Women! :p

I think Laurel is a beautiful name. The second name too. Good choice. But...you have to admit, Bugweed Beauchamp has a nice ring to it.
laugh.gif

Are you going to post a sonogram so we can see her?

I love baby clothes...they are so tiny!

I helped my brother in law to assemble a huge swing set for his two kids. He spend hundreds of dollars, and we spent hours putting it together.
We finaly finished and we set back to watch them play on it, but they were to busy playing in the huge box it came in.

See Ozzy the bigger the box the better to play in. You don't need to get them presents jsut big boxes
smile_n_32.gif

eh, the sono this time pretty much sucked. But here it is if you wanna see it so bad....
sono5_5_05.jpg

Andrew

P.S. I do loooove me a big box!!!!!

Awwww, that actually got me all teary eyed. I can see the outline of Laurel perfectly. Her first photo and here you are sharing it with all of us!  Andrew, you are too cool!  I've always wanted to see one of those. I can't believe the whole baby is showing up so well. Gosh, that just gives me goosebumps. Thank you so much for posting that. Now I gotta go grab my kids and show them what a sonogram looks like.

Laura, glad you enjoyed it... Although this is not Laurel's first photo... it's her third "photo session".. We had one about a month ago. And one a month before that. (that was was a tiny penut. or as Deangela calls it... "Her little fishy" LOL!)

This was the first photo... At 7 weeks. LOL
sono7weeks.jpg

Andrew

Awww...she's so cute already!
biggrin.gif
Pretty soon she'll be waving at you. hehe

I don't know about you but I get that lump in my throat looking at the first photo at 7 weeks and then scrolling back to the one a few days ago. Sort of hard to explain. I guess it is sort of similar to watching a heart warming movie where something inexplicably magical happens but ten fold that feeling. I can't put my finger on it with words. You know what I mean. I hope you can find a way to preserve those ultrasound photos. My husband had an ultrasound a few months agao and I asked for a copy of one to share with my girlfriend and I accidently set it on the kitchen table. The sun hit it and it is no more.

My wife laminates them (non heat method!) and I scan them into the computer... That's the best we can do to keep them. I have all of the photos from ultrasounds to the days Canden lived on a disk... On my hard drive... and we had them all printed out. I'm sure we'll do the same this time.

I never thought of that. Cool press lamination. And scanning it is a possibility too if she knows somebody who has a scanner. Thanks for mentioning both. I'll share what you are doing with a friend of mine who is going to be a grandma for the first time. Her daughter married a nice young man about 5 years ago and they are expecting their first. My girlfriend as well as the Mother-In-Law are both going to the first ultrasound this coming week with. She's never seen an ultrasound before and is very excited. I hope the photos come out as well for their little baby boy/girl as yours do.  I have heard of ultrasounds where the baby has been sucking his/her thumb. Incredible. If you have any more photo sessions please take a moment to post them if possible as my kids totally enjoyed seeing Laurel's pics.

Back