What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Think I Have a Really Pretty Weed

I planted some VFT seeds in the summer, and this weed is coming up. Does this have a real name? I love the alternating 90-degree directions of each level of leaf growth.

You can click it and go to full screen, and see it better if you'd like, but not much better, because it's kind of out of focus.

I don't know what that is, but if it has long roots, I'd get rid of it.

I don't know what that is, but if it has long roots, I'd get rid of it.

Heck. I hadn't considered that. I could just give it its own pot and let it be happy, though. :-D

It kind of reminds me of this thread from the LHNN Forum, especially the 7th one.

*all* plants have real names! ;)
the trick is figuring it out..

(well ok..there are likely still many species of undiscovered plants, like in the Amazon..but any weed growing in North America or Europe is definitely going to be named..even if just the latin name.)

so yes, it has a name! ;)
I have no idea what it is though..

Scot

meadow beauty. I say that with 10% confidence!

I do like that, they pop up in my bog and even in my seed pots since i use the mix from outside. must be native here.

Back