What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think all of my plant will die!

hello,
Finally, Today, the cleary's 336 from petflytrap that I ordered like a month ago arrived, time for my plants to go to sleep. is it too late to put them into dormancy? also, my BEST flytrap, with 23 traps over an inch long on ONE rhiozome, has a flower bud growing!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
can I just clip the flower stalk off? (it isn't even barley out of the ground yet, so I'll wait till it's an inch long, if I cut it off.)
PLEASE ANSWER ASAP!

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Cut it! And no it isnt too late for dormacy as long as they get at least 3 months rest.

yesturday I put most of my plants to sleep, just 5-7 to go today.
smile.gif
but one of my sarracenia has new growth on it! when I put it into dorm., do I cut the un-opened pitchers off? Thanks,
Spec.73
smile.gif

Spec.73, I'd leave all healthy growth alone. Just trim off any dead parts and the flower stalk.

spec, you should of put them to sleep a long time ago and when you got the stuff just put it on them. they will be ok but, they will be a little of wack from the diff. in dormancy time period. usally right before or right after thanksgiving is good time to put them into dormancy.

plus, from reading diff artical. the cold has some to do w/ it but, the less photoperiod is what actually slows them down in growth.

Back