What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I nominate tim malcom for god

I remember when I first was getting back into CP a few years ago after a long spell where I wasn't growing. One of the first people to take pity on Tamlin the Plantless was a grower who sent me a nice assortment of Utricularia. It wasn't Tim, but it was someone with whom Tim had shared with. I used those plants to make other trades and friends, so in a way this guy is a big part of my growing, and always has been.

Thanks to a friend of Tim's, Mr. Gordon Sims, many new introductions of Utricularia made their way across the world, to find new homes and to spark new interest in this wonderful genus of plants.

In Tim's sharing ethic, I have taken much delight. In it I found an early confirmation of my own thoughts and beliefs that the old days of trying to be THE MAN with the exclusive growlist as long as your arm were drawing to a close. There is a new generation of caring and sharing to the good of growers and plants alike, and Tim was proof positive of it. Unlike some larger collectors from the "old school", Tim always had the time to share both his plants and his knowledge and ideas regarding them. He could have sold them, but instead he gave them away with love.

Tim also voluenteered and designed my former website, and was webmaster to the Dawnstar Collection. How can I say enough thank you's to this man?

I get all choked up when I think of him putting the plants back into the Stewardship from which they came. To me, it is the ending of an age. Now the work must be taken up by new hands and willing spirits. That's YOU bucko!

So, I ask that these gifts be grown well and cherished. A lot of time and good will, many emails worldwide, patience and expense and yes - profound generosity and effort went into those little bits of mossy green whatchmacallits heading your way at the speed of love. . Care for them in the honor they deserve, and pass them on freely in the name of our very dear Tim Malcom!

Tim, when you want them back they will hopefully be so plentiful and in so many collections that the hunt will be a breeze comapared to what you went through to acquire your collection. You will want them again you know. CP have a way of getting into your blood. That's what Phill Mann told me upon my return to CP, and he is right!

Wow, I had better take good care of the Utrics he is sending!

I will gladly second the nomination.

Like Tamlin I have had many great email conversations with Tim and learned much from him. Tim helped my collection grow from a single pot of dichotoma to the excellent group it is now (2 10 gallon tanks os 2" pots.) The generosity Tim has shown knows no limits and I am sorry to see him "retire" from the game.

Whose Tim Malcom?
confused.gif

Tim is forum member Dodecatheon. The rest is explained best in Tamlin's post.

Tim is a very good guy. He has contributed much to the CP world. I'm sorry to see him phasing out his collection but at least they are going into stewardship for the future.

I wish him all the best in other endeavors and may he return to the CP world some day.

Once a CPer, always a CPer.
smile.gif

Three cheers for Tim and his good heart!

I know Ill always be a plant man, I will just about always grow CPs.
It what I want to do for a living, I want to be a famous gardner, like the ones on TV!
smile.gif
So except to see a lot more of me!!!!
laugh.gif

Im sorry that Tim is giving up CPs, from what I have read he sounds like he is a very nice man. I wish you all the best, Tim.
Dino
cool.gif

Wow.. this is a very SAD news. Tim is utric god and his website is one of my favs.

Wish you the best luck in your new paths Tim. Will always remember you like one of the best and more generous utric growers.

I agree with the others too! Amongst the few Canadian cpers, and amongst the few i know for years, he is in list top 10 for devotion to CP, and sharing. Thanks for all Tim, and you know you can count on me to getyou back in CP whenever you want!

Back