What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to drown my plants

Ok, have a small infestation on my prized plants which are in a 10 gallon aquarium. They keep cropping up so I have to do something drastic...drown the frickin things.

They aren't afids, they are small white/yellow bugs with rounded backs
and look like fleas, but don't act like fleas
Cheob6x4_w_inset.jpg
(ya, the kind of look like this, only smaller).

Alchahol swabbing worked for a bit, but they came back. The plants are DEFFINITLY suffering because of this.

I want to attempt a drowning, where I fill up the tank with about 7 gallons of distilled H20 for a day or two. Think this will work. has anyone had success with this?

In the tank are drosera, neps, and VFT's.

According to the bug guy, on that commercial, the Orcan man or something, Ants can live underwater for 14 days. Not sure if it goes the same for these little buggers.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Ants can live underwater for 14 days
Because their tunnles are underground, they need to, or entier colonys would be wiped out in a rainstorm.

i'd spray an insectacide. those DO look alot like fleas, but i've heard springtales are very similar

It COULD be a clover springtail, but I can't be certain. Any one have good insecticide that will kill these buggers and not harm droseras, dionaeas or Nepenthasis?

i use schultz mitacide/fungicide/insectacide. i havn't seen any sign of any little bug since, and i used it only a couple days ago.

no harm done to the plants.

Back