What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a suggestion...

joossa

Aklys
Hello everyone.

I am looking into getting my first "indoor" plant. I need something that:
-will do well inside my room next to my east facing window
-is attractive
-is easy to care for (no grow lights or terrariums)
-is not too large
-is not expensive
-will last a long time

I have been noticing that there are lots of varieties of "indoor plants" at several stores that I am doing my holiday shopping at. I almost bought a "Lucky Bamboo" plant, but wanted to get some other opinions before buying anything. So, what do you guys think?? What are my best options??

Thanks!

Are you looking for CP or non CP?

Aglaonema or Chinese evergreen. Grow in all sorts of low light conditions, purify the air, and are easy to take care of. I have one in my office at work. Easy to propagate also.

What about a plain ol' Crassula?? (Jade Plant) TOTALLY bombproof and kinda nice looking, get's like a tiny tree

Or maybe a Haworthia?? Or a good ol Aloe??

The plant called "Goldfish Plant" is nice if you take enough care of the watering to make sure it's always flowering, which is not too difficult

Just a couple of suggestions
biggrin.gif

I would also recommend a jade plant. There are many different varieties, too. I think they look really cool, but my wife absolutely abhors the one I have.

There are lots of different succulents that might fit your description. I just did a quick search on ebay and you can look at the pictures of all the listings quite easily to help you decide on something. You could also look into a peace lily. They are beautiful plants and relatively easy to care for. When the leaves start drooping a little, water. Simple as that.

xvart.

Hmm... not a big fan of the jade plant. I like the Aglaonema and the Spathiphyllum (peace lilly). I'll read up on them some more and go to my local Lowes and Target today and see them in person. Hopefully they will be labeled correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

I also recommend peace lilies. They don't mind low light, and mine flower every April.

-Ben

Phalaenopsis

Back