What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might have a problem

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
I have 3 P. 'George Sargent' growing together in one pot (this is necessary as I am strapped for both pots and space.) I know that this hybrid requires a bone dry dormancy. My problem is that 2 of the plants are in active growth and one of them has gone dormant.

My question for all you Ping people is, what should I do?

Thanks for any help

Pyro

Well, a VFT wont go dormant unless you give it the dormancy conditions, so I assume the same is for pings...

Start to ease up on watering, and shorten the photoperiod if thats wut happens...

It would be best to grow the two that are in active growth together. Sometimes increasing the photoperiod can cause the ping to grow summer leaves. If not, seperate the one that is in dormancy.

I have been ignoring the business of drying them out. I have been doing this for several years. I have more and more plants each year, the plants flower profusely and I have not lost more than one or two plants out of several hundred.
biggrin.gif

Uh, P.S. I believe the key is to keep up the light. If you let up on the lumens or photo period you are just asking for weak etiolated growth that is only good for decay organisms to munch on.

Back