What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I made chocolate cake!

thez_yo

instigator
P3030007.jpg

P3030009.jpg

P3030010.jpg

The recipe for the cake (it's supposed to be a roll cake with cream, but I switched it up a bit)..

pour 1/2 tsp salt into 7 egg whites + whip to stiff peaks
pour 1/2 cup sugar into 7 egg yolks + whip to light yellow and thick
melt 8oz semi-sweet baking chocolate with 2tbsp water and 1tbsp coffee (or brandy), and then pour that into the whipped egg yolks and mix

Mix a dollop of the whipped whites into the yolks+chocolate mixture, then fold the rest of the whites into the yolks mixture. Grease a sheet of wax paper and put it on a baking sheet (that has sides so your cake doesn't run :p), and bake at 350F for 10 minutes and/or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If you want the 'roll' directions I'll post them here too :p

:drool:
I need to be there nao!!!

Can I have some pleeeease?

Um, no flour? Interesting recipe. Looks delicious.
~Joe

Your sending some of that to me right,lol

Flourless chocolate cakes are the best... I make something similar to that at my restaurant only I mince some fresh mint into my fresh whipped cream (you could do that to your cool WHip as well). Another thing that's really tasty is to put together a chocolate buttercream and layer it between.
Looks great! Happy eating!

Very nice! Was this one of those things where you just got a random idea to make a cake or were you planning this? I'll trade a Sarr for a piece of cake ;)

Can you make cheesecake?

:p I posted the recipe so that *you* guys can make one for yourselves too because I don't think it would ship well :lol:

kahnli: I thought about grinding up some mint and using a tablespoon of the runoff instead of water for the melted chocolate, but then I have people who hate mint who I'm sharing with.. instead those 'chocolate' covered strawberries are actually semisweet chocolate chips melted with butterscotch and a swig of milk (lactaid... I used cool whip instead of heavy cream to whip cuz I'm lactose intolerant and the stuff's pretty much like dairy-free dried creamer :0o:) to give it a little twist on the inside :p

jimscott: Haven't in about 15 years, but I think I'm planning on trying one this year.

Baylorguy: I randomly make cakes and muffins and stuff :p It's relaxing to cook actually, and I like sharing food, so it works out poorly for everyone's diets at work :mwahaha:

Nep101, Luca, i<3 and seedjar: :-D You should make one because it's deee-licious!

I'm very curious - I'll give it a shot sometime. :)
~Joe

I WANT THAT CAKE! :spazz:

I'll PM you my shipping info!!

Back