What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I love this commercial

lol that was a great commercial... I had never seen it, but I did know that yo-yo's were originally created as weapons. That's freaking awesome though lol.

Im wondering if its actually true though.

Hrmm... I just read that the yo-yo was a weapon in the Philippines but that it was a toy in ancient greece... I had always thought Filipinos invented it as a weapon, but it seems this may not be so... Then again you never know what to believe on the internet lol. Wikipedia seems to confirm it, but in another entry it says that the Philippines is often credited as being the birthplace of the yo-yo.

Was that quick shot of Tommy Smothers in the commercial? Hey, I'm still bemused by the Bumblebee Tuna commercial. Can't get that tune out of my head!

The weapon thing isn't quite what they want you to think. But I have definitely hit a lot of people with my yoyos when I was little.

Picture a big, heavy, dense yoyo with tons of wooden spikes all around it, like a 2-dimensional sea urchin. They'd drop it from trees with strings attached onto peoples' heads.

Nasty.

Back