What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just broke my hand today

today i was helping my grandpa and uncle load some mattressses on this guys truck . When they were done i ran back to the house but i triped over a metal pipe that was stuck into the groung to keep the tent from blowing over . I fell forward and landed on my left hand . at first it just fell like a bruise but when ever i moved it it hurted like #### , Every kept asking me if i was ok then i told my grandma my hand felt dislocated and i think there was a fracture . she put allthese medicated oils on my hand and it burned but thats how it works . my grandma felt concerned and told my mom , my mom brought me to the northidge hospital , i wated so long and i was inberessed because they put me in a room with kids and babies , hey , i'm a 12 year old teen that does not want to be in a room with kids younger then me and they took x-rays . there was no problem with my hand it but the docters were'nt sure so they put a cast on me and i went home . i hate this cast , but it might help heal my hand . I wonder how long i'll wear this cast , btw it took me 37 minutes to type this since my left hand is half dead
tounge.gif

Man it sucks doesn't it? I broke my pinkie on my left hand and couldn't write or type for a month nearly or more. Hope ya feel better soon.

Guess I have been lucky, the only things I have broken are the piggy bank (and had to glue it back together as I can't afford a new one) a heart or two, and the record for longest continual guitar performance. Sorry about the hand, and hope all mends soon.

Man that sucks!
My dad broke one arm in 1999 and the other in 2001 both from slipping on the ice in winter. Hopefully you will have full function on your hand when everything is said and done. My dads first arm was fine (simple cast) but the second break had what looked like a metal erector set sticking out of his arm for like 6 months holding the fractures together with six screws. He said he still can't hold a paint roller or carry a bucket of paint as good as before with that arm.
Be sure you leave the cast on til the doctor decides to remove it. One of my past room mates broke his arm skateboarding and he decided he didn't need the cast so he cut it off with a steak knife and then it healed improperly and had to be re-broken and set again!
wow.gif

Good luck!

Bummer dude. Hope your hand heals up well.
I broke my tail bone when I was 14. Couldn't sit for three weeks. Had to carry a pillow around school.

Oooooooooooooooooooouuuch! I broke my right hand a bunch of months ago. I know all too well what it feels like.

Hope you feel better soon! ((air hugs))
smile.gif

Ooooooo, i know how it feels, i just ripped two ligaments in my middle and pointer finger, it hurts soooooooo bad, and it sux because im doing wrestling for my school (im on varsity!!&#33
wink.gif

and today i put a half-nelson on my partner, and i squished my middle finger, it hurt sooooooo bad! I thought i was gonna die, so i acted all tough and i got over it, hope your hand gets better,
Kevin
sad.gif
wink.gif
confused.gif
sad.gif
wink.gif

Well that sucks GT
sad.gif

I broke one of the my foot 3 years ago on my birthday man it hurt! That was the last time I got drunk. Unfortunately I had better things to do with my money and decided I would suck it up and just deal with it. The bone healed funny but oh well I can't tell anymore, except when I rub over the bone and feel the lump or when I lay my foot on the side it hurts a bit. Pain adds character ya know
wink.gif

I also had my cheek busted couldn't smile for along time and now I can predict the weather by the pain. It's pretty creepy actually you can still feel the bone where it was broken and cracked. I never went to the doc on that one either I figured that they couldn't do anything for me there since it's just a cheek bone heck its not like they could put a cast on it.

Anyway take care and happy healing
smile.gif
trust me I can relate well except being locked up in a room full of kids I have a 2 year old but that aint the same as a room full. But once I was locked up with the crazy ladies in the county jail since they were short beds in the "normal" area does that count?
tounge.gif

Auw, that is a bummer! Hope everything heals back to normal. For me I have never broken bone (knock on wood
wink.gif
). The only thing that I have done is threw my arm out of socket while grappling. It hurt like mad...although going to the hospital was cool as they give all sorts of pain killers and then put you out for awhile
wink.gif

travis

Hope you feel better soon
smile.gif

I broke my toe on Friday lol.. so I'm hobbling around.. at least it doesn't interfere with my typing though. I broke plate in my face once.. that hurt
tounge.gif

A plate in your face?!?!
wow.gif
wow.gif

How on earth did you manage that (or do you mean you broke the kind of plate you eat on OVER your face?)

Travis...You'll appreciate this one....I broke some else's toe grappling once...Went for some sort of leg lock, and my hand slipped off his big toe (sweaty). Well, it happened to catch on his pinky toe....SNAP....EEEEWWWWWW! << Shudder >>
wow.gif

Boy, I felt TERRIBLE..
sad.gif

Back