What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have seed pods

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
:boogie:I have seed pods on these guys out in the bog:boogie:

expman.pl

What kind of orchid is that?? Full sun?? If it is a species you can get Troy Meyers to flask it up for you. He will send you a flask once they are ready all you pay is shipping.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I like it and have to find one.

They are calapogon, bog orchids. Species yes, full sun, yes. And I've been planning on contacting Troy. right now I have four fat pods and three more forming..all naturally polleniated between three plants. Thinking of flasking two myself. One is already promised.

Sweet. Some folks don't know about Troy. That is awesome. I may have to look now. Picks and sites online didnt say full sun. Been offered a few times too.

These are Calopogon tuberosus. The link below describes how i grow mine as far as media, sun and water. Mine are grown in a barrel bog along with sarrcenias and venus fly traps. every fall the whole bog is mulched and covered over with netting against squirrels( who only seem to dig for rhizomes and tubers during the cold months) and let dormant during the mid-atlantic winter.

http://www.c-we.com/cyp.haven/chcpgff.htm

Thanks for the info!!!

Back