What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I feel so proud of myself.

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I brainstormed today and formulted two newfangled inventions for the CPs! And they're both from a steel clotheshanger!

First one: I butchered a clothes hanger with wirecutters (oooooo.. big deadly tools.... *eyes brighten*) and bent the top half of one straight metal peice into a circle, coming around 360 degrees and meeting the beginning point, making a six-inch or so circle. Since it was metal, and would rust, I wrapped it airtight in black tape, then went out and stuck it in the dirt of my Judith Hindle's pot, the hoop about eight inches off the ground and encircling the pitchers, giving it some support! WOOWOO!!!

Second one: I butchered ANOTHER clothes hanger and took two four-inch peices and bent the ends into hook-like bends. Then I burnt holes on either side and bottom and outer edges of the bottom of a clean Mott's Applesauce container. I took the peices and hooked one end through each of the holes, one peice on each side. Then I went out to the greenhouse and hung the thing with the other ends of the peices onto the underside of the top shelf, suspending it several inches above my Darlingtonia. Now for the explanation of this contraption: Since the darlings like cool water from above them throughout the day, I'll put a distilled-water-ice cube or two in the suspended applesause container and the cube will gradually melt and the cool water will drip through the hole in the bottom of the suspended container directly onto the darling's soil! WOOWOO!!!

Life just got SO much easier.

I feel so pround of myself!

Greetings,
           FTG, a.k.a. lovesick Kenny-Chesney-lunatic

Wow! That's um... interesting! I really am impressed, very inventive! I might have to try those sometime. I like the hype, very typical!
wink.gif
cool.gif
Thanks for sharing, very neat!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif

Those are very good ideas.
Sorry I don't have time to talk about this but I have to call my patent lawyer.

No, those already exist! J/K!
tounge.gif

Seriously though, those are pretty cool, and I thought my invention of putting 4 sticks around my sarr pots and wrapping string around them was good!
tounge.gif
I'll definately try that wire hanger hoop meathod
biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing

In the words of Maxwell Smart: "And, loving it!" EVERYTHING is a tool! Remind me to tell you what I did with a cracked toilet to keep it going for another six months - until my wife couldn't stand the aesthetics of it....
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

LOL thanks all! I'm so flattered.

Spec, I tried the Stick & String method long ago... didn't work... the string kept sliding down... and when I finally got it tight enough to not slide, the sticks all caved in.........

Back