What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know what drosera this is...

Drosera roundandstickya.

It almost looks like a little D. capensis. Let it grow out a bit, and post back.

BTW, if you put a [img ] and [/img ] without the space after the "]" around your link, you get a picture in your post.

could even be a tiny adelae, but looks like to my untrained eye, some sort of cape x.......maybe capensis x spatulata. All of my baby typical capensis look alot more cape-like lol! Wow seeing the pic again here on TF it looks more and more like a very young adelae to me. Either way it should be a lot more obvious with a few months growth.

Last edited:
I agree with Lil Stinkpot, it looks like a small d. Capensis. It could alsonbe a d. Spatulata but I am more incline to to think is a d. Capensis. It doesn't need dormant period so just keep it above 35F and that should do it. :)

SAM_1102_zps0573dd98.jpg
. did you know you can use photobucket to post your pics here

it may take a month to make sure , it could be a lot of dews at this point. you dont even need to post the img w brackets just copy the image code on photobucket and come back to the thread click inside the response box here and paste photobucket automatically adds the brackets.
hold your curser over the pic. then a sub window will come up for that pic, the bottom line is the one to copy just go down and click on it it will copy, the bring it back here..
SAM_1107_zpsb6533290.jpg

very nice shots by the way..:-D...:hail::hail::hail:

Thanks guys! For the camera hints and what the plant might possibly be. I'll keep you guys updated with pics, since I'm really curious what the plant is:)

Here's an update:) It has definitely grown larger, but didn't change much in appearance...
I thought it would be a spat, but the petioles look longer and narrower than a spat:confused:
What is it???
SAM_1842_zpsfb392800.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_1843_zps327ccb2d.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_1844_zps642cdab2.jpg
[/IMG]
SAM_1845_zps6f600497.jpg
[/IMG]
Any suggestions?:-(

Don't know but now you have 2 [/IMG] tags! (like this
[/IMG] ) :lol: I think that someone will know when it gets bigger!

Last edited:
okee dokes, will update after a few months:D

D. capensis

Haha, was just thinking that it might be that.... but it might be something else - i'm no expert though...

My three guesses are Drosera spatulata, Drosera rotundifolia, or, just maybe, a Drosera capensis.

Looks to be a young D. capensis. I'm 99.99% sure on that ;)
Definately NOT spatulata or rotundifolia!

Thanks for all the replies guys:D It has turned out to be one of the 4 forms of capensis(this one probably being 'typical'). I don't want to post a pic because I just repotted it yesterday(dirt everywhere!!!)...

Back