What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane ike

• Thread starter losfreddy
  • Start date

losfreddy

Composter
Rocked Freeport and Galveston. I live 60 miles inland and we felt it here. Downed fences and uprooted trees ect. Here are some photos i took.

IMG00533.jpg

IMG00534.jpg

IMG00579.jpg

IMG00572.jpg

IMG00548.jpg

IMG00550.jpg

IMG00564.jpg

IMG00553.jpg

IMG00547.jpg

IMG00566.jpg

IMG00582.jpg

IMG00590.jpg

IMG00591.jpg

IMG00597.jpg

IMG00537.jpg

IMG00540.jpg

IMG00541.jpg

IMG00595.jpg

nice picture! i like the shot where the tree are uprooted with a square patch of grass :D

Glad you are ok. I'm SO SO SO glad we moved out of there a couple months ago.

My friend who lives in Spring was finally able to call out tonight. No power still, lost about 1/4 of his roof, and a couple windows. Lots of water damage inside from the hole in the roof. But at least they are uninjured.

That's crazy. The most we get from the hurricanes here in Milwaukee is lots of rain. Plants love it.

The remains of Ike rolled through Western NY a few hours ago..
lots of wind! a few trees down, power out in places..but nothing major.

It kept me up from 1-2am this morning..watching the wind and worrying about trees coming down, but nothing much happened.

Scot

OH WOW! I'm glad you're alright! I saw those signs "Take a hike Ike" on the news the other day.

My sister-in-law and nieces live in Houston and a tree fell on their car and completely demolished it :( Other than that and being really scared, they're ok.

gf had a branch fall on her house, tree looked like it was about to fall nothing major. Glad you guys are okay.

Back