What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidity

What instrument do i use to measure humidity, and where can i buy one?
many thanks in advance.

You need a hygrometer, You can buy one at any petstore.

RadioShak sells nice digital Therm/Hygrometer with min and max features for like 20 bucks.

You can also use a wet and dry bulb thermeter better known as a sling psycrometer. You however need a chart ro determine dew pt. temp and humidity percentage to make this device of use. Do a search for sling psycrometer and see if you can get a chart.

Places like Lowes, Walmart, Kmart, Home Depot, etc sell a combo thermometer and hydrometer for about $5.00. Not the fanciest device around, but these are what I use.

The min/max features on the more expensive instruments would be a real plus.

Just to make a correction Nick, it is a HyGrometer to measure humidity. A Hydrometer is used to measure the specific gravity of saltwater (the salt content).

biggrin.gif

Hey Nick, I've never seen hygrometers at HD or Lowe's, what section are they found in? $5 is a steal! I gotta get one, unless it those cheap plastic reptile thermometer/hygrometer things.

larry, I got one at Wal Mart.  It has them min/max for temp and humidity.  I don't remember exactly how much it was, but it seems like it was about $10.00 to $15.00.  So It was probably closer to $20.00
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
.  It was in with the rest of the thermometers over in the housewares/hardware stuff.

Back