What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

humidity

I live in a place that is very dry in the U.S.If i were to by a green dragon,I would need a bag or cup over the plant in the pot.But if I do have those things over the plant,the plant would be cramped in the bag or cup.I still want the plant in the pot though not in a terrarium.Got any ideas?

By keeping the VFT in a sauser or pan of water, it keeps the immediate area aroung the VFT humid, you also might try misting the plant once and a while.

So I just spray it with water?

wink.gif
ive heard that more than once </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> a saucer or tray of water keeps immediate area around pot humid [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
then if it is outside and windy, this will not help at all
ps )( ) _ _ _ _ _ _
wind --> ) ( / / / / / /
plant/ / / / / /
| pot|/ / / / /
| |/ / / / just an idea
| |
biggrin.gif

Keep the plant in a dish of water, the water should be one inch high. if the plant is still very dry use a mister (you can use a bottle with a top and kina like a hair sprayer) make sure to use only distilled water though not tap.

Where do you live? I live in CO. not the dryest place on earth but pretty dry and my plants do fine in a tray and mistings once or twice a day.

Back