humidity

I live in a place that is very dry in the U.S.If i were to by a green dragon,I would need a bag or cup over the plant in the pot.But if I do have those things over the plant,the plant would be cramped in the bag or cup.I still want the plant in the pot though not in a terrarium.Got any ideas?

B

bsmith201

By keeping the VFT in a sauser or pan of water, it keeps the immediate area aroung the VFT humid, you also might try misting the plant once and a while.

wink.gif
ive heard that more than once </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> a saucer or tray of water keeps immediate area around pot humid [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
then if it is outside and windy, this will not help at all
ps )( ) _ _ _ _ _ _
wind --> ) ( / / / / / /
plant/ / / / / /
| pot|/ / / / /
| |/ / / / just an idea
| |
biggrin.gif

B

bsmith201

Keep the plant in a dish of water, the water should be one inch high. if the plant is still very dry use a mister (you can use a bottle with a top and kina like a hair sprayer) make sure to use only distilled water though not tap.

Where do you live? I live in CO. not the dryest place on earth but pretty dry and my plants do fine in a tray and mistings once or twice a day.