What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sow D. capensis seeds?

ok I just got some D. Capensis<span style='color:red'>[Edit: the second part of the species name, called the specific epithet is always written in lower case, this should read: D. capensis]</span> typical seeds in the mail today. Now what? I understand I need to "sow" them and keep them under nice lighting and keep humidity high..

Heres what I plan on doing.. I have a square plastic container at home that I plan on using. Im going to use Peat Moss as the medium. Im not sure how many seeds to put inthere or how to spread them out... Then i will put the lid on but I will leave a crack so it doesn't get TOO humid inside. and either leave them on the window sill or use my fluorescent light bulb...

sprinkle the seeds on the soil surface, place the pot in bright light and you should see seedlings in about 7-10 days depending on temps and how fresh the seed is. BTW you dont need the lid. even as seedlings D. capensis doesnt need the humidity.

Already done. thanks....!! I hope to see something grow in the next week.

Back