What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to keep healthy leaves

I wanted to know how to keep my leaves green and waxy and healthy. Does anyone have any strategies?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Warlock @ May 24 2005,3:11)]I wanted to know how to keep my leaves green and waxy and healthy. Does anyone have any strategies?
Maintain humidity.

No direct sunlight.

Keep the plant in its temp range.

Um, provide the appropriate conditions? I think the health of the leaves simply mirrors the health of the plant as a whole. Providing proper humidity, light, and temperature are all critical. The more consistent the conditions, the less trauma the leaves will reflect.

Capslock

Prevent damage from inappropriate cultural conditions and insects/diseases.. that should cover all the bases lol.

All fun aside.. Nepenthes leaves can live for several years or longer. So one misstep and it takes a long long long time for the damage to dissappear.

Tony

Wow, that is amazing. In the best environment, do the pitchers usually last as long as the leaves?

I think the leaves tend to get more "waxy" when there is less humidity/harsher conditions. I've noticed that the leaves closest to the light/heat tend to be more shiny on my plants.

-Ben

Back