What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to germinate mimosa pudica seeds

Hi, I got some Mimosa seeds coming, and i was wondering how to sprout them. I couldn't find much on growing them except that you soak them in warm water. I also read that once they're out of their seedling stage then they're really easy to grow. Do they need hight humidity? High light? Thank you!

Aye Cap'n! When I was a kid, my parents bought a sapling. didn't take long for it to be a tree. I collected the seed pods and just spread the seeds around a patch of land I had to my own. They germinated on there own rather easily. They flourished on Long Island.

is this the "sensitive plant"? i planted some of those 2 weeks ago, nothing special done to the seeds but i think they are fine cusine to one rather smart mouse i have yet to catch
mad.gif
. they were there last night, 1 inch tall seedlings, this morning there is just an empty pot
sad.gif
. why oh why didnt it pick a fight with my N. 'Miranda' i bet it could have eaten it
tounge.gif

Rattler

sad.gif
Mice are cute! LOL, Spec fed a mouse head to his N. Maxima. I have an N. Maxima
smile.gif
But it only has one inch traps.

I planted some years ago outside in flats in topsoil/sand mix. They sprouted fine, but after a month, they all died. I had them in full sun.

Regards,

Joe

Hey, is Mimosa pudica the "Sensitive Plant," (leaves close when you touch them) or the Mimosa tree (sometimes called the "Silk Tree")?

sad.gif
a certain person Did not ship my sEeds yet. so i hAven't beeN able to plant my seeds for my Cute plants. i hOpe they cOme quicK.
(I ordered some Mimosa Seeds and telegraph plants seeds and some sarrs.)

What I had was a tree with fern-like leaves and pink flowers. I have heard it referred to as sensitive - but it might be confused between two different plants.

Back