What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to do

How to do ..

Hi there I'm new here but not new to the carnivorous plants . but I don't know allots about how to grow them from seeds , I have try but they never sprout .. my question is i have a few carniorous plant mainly pitcher plants and I was woundering if there is a way to grow from cutting and how to do this ..

Thanks
Abi

Wrong thread. The seed you want to germinate will differ in requirements from species to species and genus to genus. The majority of seed is very easy to get to germinate.

As for pitcher plants, there are 5 genera that can be considered pitcher plants. I'll assume you mean Sarracenia. If you do, cut a portion of the rhizome off, spray with a fungicide, and bury the bottom half including any roots in the substrate of your choice. I leave the top half exposed. You should get new crown growth in a few weeks.

Or you could just wait and then seperate the crowns... that's the best way IMO.

how to

Sorry .. and thanks for the info ..

Nah I'm not mad. Lol, just letting ya know.

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome to Terraforums! I'm sure that sometime during the year there will be seed offerings as well.

Welcome to the forums. Don't feel bad about not being able to get your Nep. seeds to sprout. I have tried several times and have not had a single seed sprout out of the many I have sown.

Welcome! I am trying for the first time to sprout some neps from seed. There are quite a few members that are also trying to get some seeds to sprout. I think everyone is anxious and does not have the patience for the amount of time it sometimes takes... Keep us posted on how they do!

xvart.

Hey, I'm like 0 for 4 with Nep seeds. Sundew seeds are MUCH easier!

Welcome!

I'd suggest you try the Nepenthes forum. You'll find all the help you need there. We have some expert growers that will be happy to give you some tips. :)

lol! Another doppelganger.

Nep_ac -> Nep_ak
Ozzy->Ozzi
Pinguiculaman->pingman

lol Just waiting for an Ester. :p

Welcome to the forums! :)

It looks like we're cloning. I'm just waiting for plantakiss's clone, plantaburp.

How about PlantAFistOnOzzysHead. I like that one much better.

Back