What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you check yourr plants?

Yeah my water trays are quite large and they were half of the way filled up then i went to check on them today and they had about a quarter of a inch of water in them.

It depends on what you mean by "checking on" them. I water most of my plants daily, some of them twice a day depending on the heat/humidity and the plant. Some I water once or twice a week. If I'm lazy or going to be away I'll fill the trays up an inch or two and not water them for a two-four days. The plants get a quick glance then to see what is doing what.

The indoor plants get feed at least a couple times a month and get a good going over then checking for pests and trimming dead leaves. Outdoor plants get a good going over once a month. If it's a particularly sensitive plant or previously pest infested it might get a good going over more often.

If it's a sundew that is flowering that I want to hand pollinate or photograph I'll check it every 15-60 minutes depending on the species.

I mean checking as in "going and looking at your plants". So basically this is what i mean "how often do you have visual eye contact with your plants?"

I check mine over every day when it's roasting out to make sure all the swamp plants are sufficiently flooded, but otherwise if it's 70-75 F during the day I'll go half to full week between checking on anything. It's mainly just to water. I'll go through maybe once a month or every few months to cut dead leaves off too.

Bingo. To the letter, that's what I do.

More often if it's hot, sometimes daily. but usually once a week or so to rake out the leaves and water. Avocado trees are NO fun! The bloom and shed at the same time, and I have a MESS right now.

Indoor plants (neps, cephs, helis) at least once a day. I have to watch temps closely and refill my humidifier usually once per day. I made the mistake of not watching them close enough last summer and fried a bunch of neps, some valuable. Ooops.

Outside plants about once every few days just to fill their water trays.

Every minute I'm in my room and awake.
My indoor plants take up one side of my room, hard to avoid seeing them. XD

Oh, well my plants are about 10 feet away from where I sit on my couch, so it's kinda hard to miss them :p

(sooo much better than watching TV :-)))

I usually always see my outdoor plants everyday in the afternoon since I like to swing on the backyard swingset, and they are right next to it. I sometimes go days without seeing the GH but I usually visit more than once a day.

Back