What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much super thrive is a bad thing?

I bought some Super Thrive and tried to only get 1 drop in there, but of course about 5-8 drops fell into a 1 gallon jug.

So, do I need to go buy 4 gallons of water to dillute it? Or do you think it won't do any harm?

It should be fine as long as you don`t overdose on a regular basis.

i'm not too sure if it will really be a problem or not. what you sould do is just buy another gallon of water, and just alternate which bottle you use. use the "super" water, and use the regular, then the "super", then the regular...

peace,
technoracer

It was much easier to buy a second gallon and then mix it to be half the original strength.

You could also dilute it as you use it. A cup of super water to a cup of regular water.

While on the discussion of too much superthrive, is it okay to soak the roots of a cp while transplanting? If so, how long? Seems too much if you can only put a drop in 1 gallon, but still...
confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (droseradude @ Oct. 01 2003,4:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">While on the discussion of too much superthrive, is it okay to soak the roots of a cp while transplanting? If so, how long? Seems too much if you can only put a drop in 1 gallon, but still...
confused.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I have used superthrive for that.  I put a drop or two into about 2 cups (or more) of water.  I usually place them in the water and then start setting up their new pots.  I have left them in water like this overnight when I ran out of pots with no ill affects to the plant.  Usually they are only in it for 10 to 15 minutes and rarely 30 minutes.  I think this overdose is compensated for when you water the plant to settle the soil around the roots.  I usually give them a thorough watering by flooding the soil several times till the water draining out is fairly free of silt.

Back