What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you post pictures?

I want to post a picture of my vivarium, but I don't know if the picture has to be online or not. If it does, I won't be able to post it because I don't have a web site or anything. Can anyone help me out?

email it to me: dinoh@blueyonder.co.uk

and Il post it for you
smile.gif

you can get free hosting on TF, a mod should post in soon with the URL

Images do need to be hosted on a server somewhere. I think TerraForums offers space to members but I've never known the details because I use AOL's server for my photos.

Here are the hosting links provided by TF:

CP Photo Gallery

PFT Gallery

All you need to do is upload your pics to the hosting site. To bring them to TF:

1) right click on the picture
2) click on properties
3) right click on the URL
4) select or highlight the URL
5) If using MSN, do a CTRL C
6) Click OK
7) Go to TF and the topic you wish to post the picture
8) Click the Image tab, above the posting field
9) Another box appears. Do a CTRL V
10) Click OK
11) You can check to see if it works by clicking the preview tab

PM me if it doesn't work. I am going by memory and may be assuming steps.

PhotoBucket
Get the pic's properties from your computer, get an account here, post it in the box, and click upload. Then when you find the pic in your album, click the url and copy it. Put it on the forums with at the front and [/img ] at the back (don't include the space at the end of the second img.

There was a sticky about this, why didn't you look there first?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 25 2005,2:06)]Here are the hosting links provided by TF:

CP Photo Gallery

PFT Gallery

All you need to do is upload your pics to the hosting site. To bring them to TF:

1) right click on the picture
2) click on properties
3) right click on the URL
4) select or highlight the URL
5) If using MSN, do a CTRL C
6) Click OK
7) Go to TF and the topic you wish to post the picture
8) Click the Image tab, above the posting field
9) Another box appears. Do a CTRL V
10) Click OK
11) You can check to see if it works by clicking the preview tab

PM me if it doesn't work. I am going by memory and may be assuming steps.
Jim!! Welcome to computer nerdom! A year ago you wouldn't have understood a word you just said. lol Great Job
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I've never known the details because I use AOL's server for my photos.
gasp! where? lol... i've had AOL for over a year and didn't know about it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ Mar. 25 2005,7:46)]Jim!! Welcome to computer nerdom!  A year ago you wouldn't have understood a word you just said. lol  Great Job  
smile.gif
Truly LOL-ing!Thanks, Steve! Between you, Snowy Falcon, and elarwhis, I have been egumicated.
smile_m_32.gif

The only refinement I might add is that once I've got my photo uploaded to some site, I right-click on it, and instead of "Properties", I choose "Copy Image Location" and that's it. It automatically copies the URL.

Capslock

Back