What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you embed a You Tube video on a personal website?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I can embed You Tube videos here on the forums but not on my own website. I watched their handy "embed guide" for posting stuff on your blog but that doesn't seem to work on my software (Dreamweaver probably version 0.5 - it's ye olde). A band one of the guys interviewed wants to have a video up but I can't get the embed thing to work any way I try it. I just get a hyperlink, that doesn't go anywhere. Is there some sort of "thing" in the software I have to have turned on somewhere or tell my host server to setup so I can do this?

Go to the youtube video in question,
over to the right of the video it says "embed"
next to the imbed link is a little button with a blue star that says "customize", click that..

I turn OFF "Include related videos" (uncheck the box)..because I dont want other random videos popping up after the video plays! then simply paste the URL into your weboage..(you have to manually insert it into the HTML code..let me know if you arent sure how to do that)

the result is this:

http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/upstatesteamers/steampage.html

video at the bottom of the page..notice that when the video is done playing, you dont have other videos to select from! thats done on purpose.

Thanks for the reply. No, I don't know about inserting anything into html code, I'd be glad to hear how to do that. I'm a dunce with any sort of "programming" so I work with the WYSIWYG "Layout View "function where it's like laying out a magazine article in QuarkXpress. Drop boxes for images, text boxes and simple hyperlinks.
I've accidentally turned on the code view before and have no idea what I'm looking at...???

Back