What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you eat your food?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I have always eaten one food type on my plate at a time, from least appealling to most appealling. Obviously, I save my cheesecake for last. I hate mixing things, unless it is mixed in with mashed potatoes. And I hate it when different things touch each other. A college buddy referred to my style of eating as, "eating in compartments".

But enough about me... How 'bout you?

Some what the same here. Don't like stuff touching each other. But I'll usually mix the order up a bit, one thing that is somewhat appealling, then something that isn't that good, Definatly save the best for last tho.

mix 'em!
i like the flavors blending together in unique new ways, not boring bite after bite of the same thing, then another thing, then another thing.

Kinda what Jim said.I eat a little of every thing,but don't mix it together.

Jerry

of course, I don't mix things like ice cream and tacos (unless you count a waffle with ice cream in the middle
biggrin.gif
) just things like beans and rice, i mix the ice cream that has like swirls in it, etc. Even cakes... mush it until you have a paste (sometimes i need to add some milk.. if it's not 3-milk cake YUM) and it tastes great.

I dive right in with wild abandon, and eat it all!!! Always save the dessert for last though.

I don't like things touching either, unless they're ment to be touching

If you guys ever had to survive in the wilderness, you would starve to death.

Not me! I eat everything, even grubs! UMM-mm GOOD!!!!

Eating in Compartments is good.

I eat one thing, then move to another. No particular order as far as goodness/most appealing goes. And, if I don't finish a particular thing before moving on to another, I won't come back to it.

I do the EXACT same thing at jimscotscoot. My grandparents think I'm so freaking weird because I eat one thing at a time.. all of this, then all of that, then all of that. I don't switch around or mix. Appatently a rare few other people in this family do that as well.. my uncle Scott and my great-aunt Sue. And I save the best for last every time, unless the best is gonna get cold a whole lot faster than the other stuff. And I always save meat for last. Don't know why.

It depends on the meal... If I got some catfish w/ candied yams and green beans the yams and greeen beans are most likely gonna get mixed up. Pinto beans and mac and cheese get mixed. My over easy eggs always get wrapped aaround my sausage or bacon (and sometimes are piled on top of my toast). Being a chef I'm always looking for different flavor combos.

I like to mix
smile_n_32.gif
And I always eat the meat last too just like FlyTrapGurl
smile_m_32.gif
It's weird cause in Hungary you eat the dessert first,but I always save it for last.It's the best part!!
laugh.gif
But I like eating green peas with mashed potatoes and gravy all mixed together and other stuff like that
smile.gif
~Niki~

Now here's one combo I just HAVE TO try - Keylime Cheesecake. I just saw that on advertised at Borders Bookstore. With coffee, it's $3.99. Yum!

One thing I can't stand is maple flavored sausages! I know someone came up wit that to mimic the syrup getting into them, via pancakes or French toast, but that's exactly what I try to avoid!

Yup, meat is last, unless there is dessert.

My order of Preference is what is best is first so in various meals that includes: Pickled Red Cabbage, Bread (#1), Brocchile (sp? someone), Corned Beef, Hamburger, Greenbeans, etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ May 14 2005,11:57)]of course, I don't mix things like ice cream and tacos (unless you count a waffle with ice cream in the middle
biggrin.gif
) just things like beans and rice, i mix the ice cream that has like swirls in it, etc. Even cakes... mush it until you have a paste (sometimes i need to add some milk.. if it's not 3-milk cake YUM) and it tastes great.
Do you put sason or sofrito in your food?

My bad. I thought you were Hispanic. We have had those as well as pestolillos. I like to use something called adobo in beans and rice.
biggrin.gif

I eat a bite of this, a spoon full of that, a bite of that and take a swig of cold Beck's beer...add more salt, pepper, garlic and hot salsa to everything and repeat until it is all finished.  I then start on my hot fudge brownie with 'nella ice cream and wash it down with a glass of milk.

Thought for the day;
There is room for all of God's little little creatures...right next to the mashed potatoes.

Back