What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i cut it

how and where do i cut to make a seedling that i plant? Or what do i do when i clip? Help

What do you mean? Do you mean to take rhizome cutting? A leaf cutting? I don't really understand wha you mean, a little more info would be nice to help you,
Kevin

How do i get my plant to reproduce

To make a plant from a leaf cutting, take a healthy, older leaf, and gently pull it down to seperate it from the bulb(rhizome)making sure to get some of the white part at the bottom of the leaf. Then place it in a pot with peat moss keep the pot covered with plastic wrap(like inside of a ziplock bag). After a while you should see a tiny plant. Let it grow in that same pot until it gets to be bigger and stronger.

Hi,
Ok, now I get it, well, you can have it flower, you can do what zappafan has said, or you can divide the rhizome if it is large enough. Take the plant out of its soil. The rhizome should be large and branching. Take a sharp knife and cut the rhizome in half, but make sure the cutting has its own roots! Each new division you can make should be atleast 2 inches long. Inside the rhizome should be white, if it is brown, cut it away to prevent diseases and such. From the white rhizome should buds appear soon and turn into growing point. Hope it helps, oh, if you have any further questions on this, just e-mail me,
Kevin
Baseballa192@aol.com

i have a jusith hindle what do i do with that

Back