What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Houston Zoo

This meerkat is straight chillin
DSCN0032.jpg

Really fat springhaas
DSCN0035.jpg

Albino American alligator
DSCN0036.jpg

Komodo dragon
DSCN0037.jpg

Giraffe
DSCN0038.jpg

Licking some wood for some reason
DSCN0039.jpg

Elephant
DSCN0040.jpg

Sifaki or something like that
DSCN0041.jpg

Some other sort of primate
DSCN0043.jpg

Orangutan playing w/ its kid and a sheet
DSCN0047.jpg

Owl
DSCN0049.jpg

Some type of cattle
DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

Llama?
DSCN0051.jpg

Zebra
DSCN0053.jpg

Koala that didn't want to cooperate
DSCN0055.jpg

Ankole cattle. HUGE horns for regulating body temp
DSCN0059.jpg

Warthog
DSCN0060.jpg

Flamingo
DSCN0048.jpg

Maybe more later when I get the rest of the pics from my sort of gf kind of thing.

I want big horns like that cow.

THat "some type of cattle" looks like a blue ox

It seems no matter where you go Koalas never cooperate. They can be so selfish.

xvart.

That's true. And I couldn't find the friggin rhinocerous, which soured the whole experience. When I pay $20 (had to bring the woman) for admission, I expect to see a rhinocerous. Couldn't find the otter either. I did get to see an anteater running though, which was pretty hilarious.

Oh well, giraffes are the best anyways, even if they do do stupid things like lick wood...?
You should go to the Cleveland Zoo, they've got lots of Rhinos

VERY cool pics. thanks for sharing.

Talk about a small world..... In the picture of the Albino American alligator, on the floor there is a Stanfield heating pad. I work in the factory where those are made. Osborne Industries in Osborne Kansas.

The main site- http://www.osborne-ind.com/

the heating pad- http://www.osborne-ind.com/petsub/heatpad/heat_pads2.htm

These heating pad are made exclusively here, and OI owns the patten on them. Originally they were made for baby pigs, and then the exoctic pet industry and zoos realized what a great product they are.

I don't work in the department that builds the heating pads. I build OI's cherry picking buckets that go on the end of truck booms. We are subcontracted out to, and build other products for about a dozen or so companies. All molded plastic parts. We build anything from fans shrouds for government trucks to light covers for airports. But anyways..........

Like I said, small world.:-O

Back