What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

holycowI'msoexcitedIcan'tbelieveit

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
Who says in-laws are a pain? My father in law just found me 75 gallon (I think, he said 4 feet long and 18 inches wide) tank that someone was throwing out.....FREE!

Now what to put in it.....

Neps!
smile.gif

Lucky! I spent l almost $700 for mine!
I've got a 75 gallon lowland nep tank and the plants outgrow it quite quickly but it is a great way to grow younger/smaller neps or slower grwoing highlander neps if you can guarentee them suffiient cooling at night. I use 6x 40 watt flourescent lights over my 75 gallon and have tinfoil on all sides (except the back cos it's covered cocco fiber panels used for mounted epiphytes).
On the otherhand If you're looking for plants who stay small and will never need to be moved to a bigger terrarium (except for a few rarities) you could try sundews and bladderworts.

Wow, where do you people buy your tanks?! Here you can get a 75 gallon tank for $150! That is of course for the glass tank without a lid, which is ideal anyway, cause most people buy and set up their own light fixtures!
wink.gif

$700....OUCH!
Congrats Schloaty!

schloaty,

I think a 4 ft long 18" deep tank is actually a 55 gallon 'show' tank.

that is the dimensions of my 55 acrylic. I bought it for 110.00

and I am sure Swords, like me, accrued his cost in all the nice aquarium accessories... and his could easily run that much if he bought a show quality acrylic. (or has curved glass in the front.)

Yea, mine didn't just end up costing the tank either of course! My hubby bought all the accessories, fixtures and electrical gadgets he needed to build my lid. That plus the autotimer and power bar all added up to quite a bit more.
wink.gif

But I'm thankful...cause if I'd had to pay through the nise for my tank, it all would've added up to a lot more!

gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........
That's it I'm going dumpster diving...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think a 4 ft long 18" deep tank is actually a 55 gallon 'show' tank.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Ram,
It's 4' long, 18" wide and 2' (maybe 2 and 1/2 '?)deep. I'm pretty sure it's 75. The S.O.B. weighs more than I do!

your right... my bad... I just maeasured my 55 and it's a peasely 13 inches deep, the rest of the dimesions are identical however.
sad.gif
I wanna bigger tank!

Back