What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy <expletive deleted>!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maehem @ April 29 2003,12:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So, what exactly is a "Sundue"?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
A solar-powered fondue pot?

That definitely ranks right up there with the "accessorize your VFT" marketing gimmick!
wink.gif

$28K .... hmm

I think phil could use some of that money too, considering that he registered PFT.com 3 years before this joker. Honestly though, I like the couldron pots... they look pretty funky to me.  
rolleyes.gif
I don't think that I'd spend $20 (check that $25! ) just for one of those tiny pots though.

Jœl

Hello all,
I wrote a letter to the editor and the owner of the website. He very politely replied that one had to have been at the presentation to understand that it was just a business plan and not a business yet, that there's a difference in his idea of having one for a "pet", that his family has been the leading seller of cp's for the last 30 years, and that he simply hasn't finnished posting info on the website.
I still think it's both odd and a little tragic...

That web site sucks. PFT RULEs. And has always been the best.
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">his family has been the leading seller of cp's for the last 30 years[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Anybody here every hear/deal with a Christiansen selling CPs? Anyone? Is this statement even based in fact?

I must say that in my experience, Utah is hardly the mecca of CP sales. Maybe Mr. Christiansen is from CA or FL?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FinnishKid @ April 29 2003,6:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it was just a business plan and not a business yet[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
But it's a *stupid* business plan. People have been trying to cash in on the "pet rock" craze for years now without much success.

The real business plan would be to sell carnivorous plants and provide correct information and support so that people didn't kill them and lose interest, but came back and bought more.

Oh sorry, I think that someone is already doing that...

It's more than a business plan when the things are actually for sale (and they are on that website). So much for the truthfullness of that response.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the support.

Details later
wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Details later
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Details later? LATER? Oh, MAN, Phil, you know how to keep a schloaty in suspense, don't you?
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

I agree. I was just posting his response so you were all aware. I replied to him that I didn't see the difference between his "plan" and a functioning business. Apparently, one had to be at the presentation to understand.
Also, the person who replied to my letter to the mycarnivore site was not Christiansen, but another person, perhaps a "business" partner.

Back