What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hollowpoint winning!

It seems the majority of people like hollow point. I do as well
but on a google search it turned up 3 amature bands with that name. 1 in Dallas,Tx 1 in San Antonio,Tx and one in Rhode Island
confused.gif
. I wonder what it is about Texans and their hollow points. I hate to compete but if we make it big first hmmm.... That and their website is already geared towards the name. What a band to do. What do ya'll think?

I would choose another name.

Yeah, c'mon, you're musicians! Can't you be creative?

Creativity? Well that would certanly exclude the current crop of crap,lol. I have a few original thoughts ratteling around in my head still, enough that I wouldn't take someone elses name.

Awwwww...don't name your band after a bullet. They kill and cause so much grief.
smile_h_32.gif
If you lost someone you love to a bullet, you might not think its such a cool name. Too much acceptance of violence in this world.

Just my 1 cent.
smile_h_32.gif

I certanly understand your point PAK, but I lost several buddies in Bosnia. A couple in my presance. And while I'm not going to name the band I'm in that I feel it's people who cause the greif. I'm speaking from a military stand point though. Bullets were use to liberate this country 200 years ago. Their used
to impliment freedom. When I was in Bosnia I was member of IFOR (IMPLIMENTATION FORCE) It was said we were implimenting peace, and there seems to be only one way to do that. I wish ,to God, world leaders would find a way to solve differences diplomaticly. Bullets are mere objects, as well as guns, that can be used as a tool or weapon. I believe it is left to the intent of the person holding the weapon. But you are correct when people use bullets on people greif always insues.
smile_h_32.gif

I know there are times when force is unavoidable...but I wish we could learn to use diplomacy instead. The violence just never seems to end...and its sad so many children grow up with that and think its a normal way of life. You see all those images on TV of children toting guns and they don't truly understand what or why they are fighting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Creativity? Well that would certanly exclude the current crop of crap,lol. I have a few original thoughts ratteling around in my head still, enough that I wouldn't take someone elses name.

That's it, you said it yourself- Crop of the Crap!
smile_n_32.gif
Well, just know, if you name your band Crop of the Crap, I'll buy a CD
smile_m_32.gif

I am from Bosnia, Gods Garden.
Just have a look at it now.
The country is a shadow of its former self.
It was once peaceful, full of intelligent and friendly people.
Now, it is common to see fights, vandalism
and the major cities are full of peasents who have no manners.
All the inteligent people, like me and mom, have left the
place where we used to live. A few of us are in England(Europe England)
And the rest are in other European countries like Germany.
Just go there now.
Granade holes and bullet holes are common there.
War is a horrible, horrible thing.
I dont know how anybody can like guns and grenades.

Dobro Uthro (sp?) Starman
I'm in the office this morning and is the first chance I've had to reply. Bosnia really is a beautiful country. I tell people at home it's like Colarado with bullet holes, or of the same geological beauty as the Rhein valley in Germany. I had a few good friends of albanian origin when I was there. Of course, I was definately not there for pleasure. As a convoy gunner I saw quite a bit of the country, and it was really sad to see what two groups of people who hate each other can do to a country, and it's people. It seems you'r mom is quite intelligent, she's giving you a chance. How old were you in 1996? Where were you living? I was camped in Tuzla but also spent to much time in Sarejevo. I could have lived without "sniper alley", and a few more people could have as well. Youre right I can't understand anyone who "likes" guns and grenades for the purpose of destruction. Mallo, JZ

Unortunatly, this behaivor is not isolated to humankind. A recent survey on gorillas and chimps killing rival family groups. As long as human males strive for dominance and power over eachother, things like this will hapen. in times past, it was a good stradegy. back then the more powerfull you were, the better chance of passing your genes on, if you know what i mean. Look at Genhghis Khan, who concured two thirds of eaurasia. They beleive that 8% of people living in his former empire bear the leaders genes.

In eveloutionary terms he was very sucessful
smile_t_32.gif

Dobro Jutro= Good morning.
smile.gif

Dobar Dan= Good day
Dobro vece=Good night(As in greeting)
Laku noc=good night(before you go to bed you say this)
I was living in Mostar untill about 1998.
I was 7/8 when I came over here.(Came over to the U.K)
I was about 5 in 1996.

Back