What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hola from costa rica!

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
Hey all, I'm sitting in an internet cafe in Tamarindo Costa Rica, escaping the heat in a nice air conditioned store. I thought I'd check in and say hey!

I'll be back home on Monday night, and really be able to catch up. Remember, no interesting posts or discussions till I get back!
tounge.gif

Capslock
PS: This place is great!!!

we just got news that all your plants died! your brother killed them all!
wow.gif
sad.gif
He just called me...

J/K
tounge.gif

I hope you took lots of pictures!
smile.gif

Awsome Capslock! Lucky! How are the bugs down there? BIG?

Sounds like you are having a blast. Good for you!
smile.gif

Well that is so unfair, no interesting topics? This is an interesting topic since you are in Costa Rica. Next time let me shove into your duffle bag and I promise you will never ever know I am in Costa Rica with you.
blues.gif

Hope you are having a blast and look foward to seeing you back.
smile.gif

Enjoy your trip. I hope you have some pictures for us when you come back.
smile.gif

Pat

An internet cafe in Tamarindo???  Will wonders never cease.  Last time I was there it was a sleepy little fishing village.  I guess progress...lectricity and indoor plumbing...is everywhere.
sad.gif

Hey, I'm back! Whoa, am I tired. And guess what? My dog/plant sitter killed a few of my plants! They were bone dry!
mad.gif
She's a great dog sitter, and apparently needs work on plant care. Oh well, most of them were fine, and the N. rajah and the other expensive ones lived. I'll give better instructions next time. grrrrr. My new utrics from BobZ were BONE DRY, but miraculously look OK this morning.

Anyway, Costa Rica is the bomb. Nice folks, beautiful beyond words, and inexpensive. I'll post some pics later.

Lauderdale, yes, Tamarindo has two internet cafes, and is growing rapidly. However, it's still pretty sleepy, and they don't have things like paved roads yet. It has been discovered by tourists and surfers, and will probably be swamped within the next ten years. But WOW were the waves great!

We also went to the Arenal volcano, and again, WOW!!!! We were there for three days, and only on the last day did the clouds part. But we saw three vertically exploding eruptions, complete with thuderous booms, and near constant lava flow at night. Amazing. Lots of people we talked to went and never saw anything because of the weather. It is a rainforest after all, and this is the beginning of the wet(ter) season.

Tamlin, I had a lot of rum thingies! Woohoo!!!

Pics will follow after I download all of them, edit, sort, name, and all that stuff. It's great to be back!!!

Capslock

mad.gif
What plants did she kill? Perhaps I can help you out at the next meeting

Back