What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

higher speed fan solutions?

Where were ya 10 minutes ago!? lol

Oh well, now I'll have up to gale force winds (hopefully).

I ordered this one:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9..._Fan_-_2178_CFM_PFB1212GHE.html?tl=g36c15s780

I'm hoping the 217 CFM fan will be a big help in summer when temps are high. With the selector switch onm the 12V adaptorI'll be able to go from a slight breeze to full blast. In winter I don't need the speed but in summer I have a feeling it will be a huge help having that much flow available.

I had to order a new selectable wall wart to hijack too cos the Delta mega fan takes 2.7A to run whereas the wall wart I bought tonight is only enough to run this spare 0.24A fan I'm experimenting with. The 12V 300mA wall wart at radio shack was $21 and a 12V 3A one was $6.99 off ebay... something is amiss here!

That's a nice tutorial you've got there, I just hard wired mine to the Wall Wart using wire connector caps. I didn't bother using the plug receptacle thingies.

lol - I was at Best Buy.

Ah well. Glad you got it set up. :)

I think this is enough .....
I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way

if you want a powerful computer fan, then look at the delta brand of fans, they were really popular with overclockers back in the day and a 80mm(standard case) fan pushed around 75 cu. ft./min of air. though a little loud, definitely not at hair dryer levels.

~billy

edit: should've looked at the links before posting, doh...

Back