What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi to all!

Hey everyone!

I'm Jo. I live in central Florida and up until a few days ago, I never thought I'd possibly love a plant as much as I love my first carnivorous friend. (Don't get me wrong--I love all my plants--but this one is really something special!) I "adopted" a beautiful nepenthes alata from the local farmers' market, where a man was selling unique plants he'd grown himself and providing pamphlets of information about them. I was so taken with it that I had to bring it home!

My husband wasn't too sure about the nepenthes but since it's been successfully catching some bugs on the patio, I think he's coming around to it. ;)

Anyway, I'm already positive I want to bring more carnivorous plants into my life, so I'm glad to find this forum! It'll be a great place to research what I've already got as well as what I might want to bring home in the future.

Heya homeslice, welcome to TF, everyone is awesome >>

Welcome to TerraForums :-D

Welcome to TF Jo!

Welcome to TF! All of what I have has come from the generous forum folks.

^JimScott is a super nice guy and a very experienced grower imo who was very very helpful when I was starting out :) And continues to be so!

Welcome to TF! It's possible your Alata is a N. Ventrata (alata X ventricosa). It's usually mistaken for this hybrid. ;)

Back